GURU v.1.6.12 available for download - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

GURU v.1.6.12 available for download

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

deadboy_ny

Got it working

Postby deadboy_ny » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 am

Got it working. I tried reinstalling 1.6 and it seemed to install fine like before but Guru would still crash on startup. This time instead of locking up it just crashed outright. I attributed it to running a repair permissions and repair disk on both my macbook and my external drive prior to this installation. I really only got it fully working when I copied the Guru installer folder from my external, which is where I download everything to, to my macbook desktop and reinstalled from the desktop. weird huh? anyway, its working. if anyone has this problem with the latest version of Guru on the latest version of OSX that may be the problem. I was thinking maybe it had to do with me journaled case sensitive or something like that on my external drive.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 am

That could be a factor.. our software doesn't like to run from case sensitive FS, even the installer engine would likely run in to problems there. Glad you got it figured out anyhow!

Best,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

SteveB

Postby SteveB » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:24 am

Why is it, after install of 1.5 or 1.6, I open/run GURU and my Norton 360 immediatley removes it from PC claiming it is acting suspiciously????

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:29 am

No idea - I take it you're running an official download from fxpansion.com?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

SteveB

Postby SteveB » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Yes, I downloaded both versions from the site.

Return to “GURU”