Guru Mapping & Livid CODE - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru Mapping & Livid CODE

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

VSide

Guru Mapping & Livid CODE

Postby VSide » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm trying to use the standalone version of guru with the MIDI controller from LIVID instruments CODE (specs here: http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_code.php ). In the manual there is a small snapshot of the Guru pads with a menu that has among its voices one saying: MIDI Learn. I've tried & tried but i'm not able to find it :( I'm posting below a pic of the guru instance & the Editor of the CODE. I always found midi difficult to grasp so sorry if this post sounds dull. I just want to use the CODE as step sequencer..

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 pm

The manual is a little outdated. As of Guru 1.5, the midi implementation is fixed. You can find a copy of the Guru 1.5 Midi Implementation document in the Downloads section on our website.

In short, the Pads respond to notes C1 (36) upwards. You need to configure your Code to send these notes.

Midi Channel 1 controls the pads on Engine 1, Midi Channel 2 - Engine 2 etc. Midi Channel 11 controls the pads on the selected Engine. 11 is often the best choice for a hardware controller, but it depends exactly what you want to do.

I hope that helps.

Return to “GURU”