Forum

FXpansion Forum

how to use guru with an MPC2000

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

blpad

how to use guru with an MPC2000

Postby blpad » Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

I have guru, and I'm trying to use my MPC 2000 along with it. I have protools 8, and i put the mpc on line with protools via midi cables. My mpc is the master, and everything works fine as far as protool go, but when i load up guru and hit my mpc pads nothing happens at all. i dont think guru is seeing the mpc. i dont know how to make that work. somebody, anybody help!!!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 am

Firstly you need to make sure that the Pro Tools Instrument track containing Geist is active and is receiving MIDI from the MPC.

Then you will need to check what MIDI notes the MPC is sending from each pad. The Geist manual has full information on what MIDI notes to use to trigger pads/scenes/patterns etc. You'll probably need to create a program in your MPC that sends out the correct MIDI notes.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 am

Sorry, please replace any mention of Geist with Guru (same applies for both).

blpro

Postby blpro » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 am

thanx for the reply but i actually found out how by sheer luck. heres a vid on youtube on how to hook up your mpc and trigger guru. its an mpc2000 but all mpc's are pretty much the same.

you can have the mpc as the master or slave, and in the vid the guy sets up the mpc as the slave but thats neither here or there he pretty shows how to trigger guru. and if you want your mpc as the master i know how to do it just ask. but its a great vid. heres the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZgr_8EZ ... re=related

Return to “GURU”