VST to RTAS version 2.0 converter with Windows Vista and ProTools LE 7.4. and .dll files? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

VST to RTAS version 2.0 converter with Windows Vista and ProTools LE 7.4. and .dll files?

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

alawrence89

VST to RTAS version 2.0 converter with Windows Vista and ProTools LE 7.4. and .dll files?

Postby alawrence89 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:13 pm

I have the VST to RTAS version 2.0 adaptor from FXpansion.

I used the adaptor and I've wrapped all of the vst plugins that I had. They are now listed as .dll files.

After I wrapped the vst files, I opened ProTools version 7.4 and I looked into the AudioSuite tab and none of the converted plugins are showing up. I have tried to go to the mix window and have tried to insert the plugins for the mono and stereo tracks each, and the plugins will not show up.

I have individually cliked on a .dll plugin and clicked "open with ProTools LE" and when ProTools opens, I get a "this is not a valid ProTools session file" message.

I am using Windows Vista and ProTools LE 7.4 with the VST to RTAS version 2.0 adaptor.

ANY help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:56 pm

First off, you need to switch off UAC in Vista and run the adapter again, if you didn't do so already.

Secondly, the adapter is VST to RTAS, not VST to AudioSuite - once installed correctly, the wrapped plugins will show up in PT's mixer inserts when you open Pro Tools.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

alawrence89

Reply to Angus_FX

Postby alawrence89 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:40 pm

I have since done that and it has worked! Thank you!

Once I disabled the UAC, I had to reboot. Then I REWRAPPED (if you've already wrapped them before doing this,...unwrap all of them ((Tools>Remove All Wrappers....in the VST to RTAS adaptor)) and THEN disable the UAC and rewrap the plugins after you've rebooted) all of the plugins that I wanted to use. After that, I took the wrapped plugins and moved them into the "Plugins" folder from ProTools (which was in the Program Files>Digidesign>ProTools Application>Plugins) and then enabled the UAC again and then rebooted. Finally, I opened ProTools and they showed up under the "Wrapped Plugins" folder under "AudioSuite" in ProTools.

The .dll thing didn't matter, I guess. The files were still .dll but ProTools read them off. You have to make sure that you are in the mix window or the edit window and are applying the plugins to a stereo track. Maybe some will work on mono, but mine were all on stereo.

Angus_FX, I am sure that you already understand all of that but I just wrote this out anyway in case someone with the same question was wondering how I got it to work. Thank you though for your help!

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”