Pro Tools Style Category - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Pro Tools Style Category

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

HarrisKarlin

Pro Tools Style Category

Postby HarrisKarlin » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 am

I've spent a while in this forum and many others, and I'm pretty sure I know that the answer to my question is "no" but I might as well ask.

Is there anyway way to move wrapped plugins to a category other than "wrapped?" i.e. reverb plugins in the reverb category.

I've been using VST to RTAS for around a year, and I'm pretty happy with it overall, but this is killing me. I've got around 60 plugins in the wrapped menu and I can't tell what I have.

markanderson

Postby markanderson » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:52 pm

You can do this but it takes quite a while because you have to make a custom list for plugins. In the preferences window in Pro Tools, under the mixing tab (i think!) is an option to display your plugins by type or by manufacturer or both (i personally use both). Now when you try to insert a plugin you will get a massive list of all your plugins by whoever made them. This will likely look very untidy.

So - close Pro Tools and open the VST to RTAS converter. Each Plugin will have the name of the manufacutrer in the 'Vendor'
column. This is where the anti-fun begins. Go through all your plugins and change the vendor name to a plugin type (ie Rever,Dynamics etc). This will probably take quite a while but when you next open Pro Tools the Plug In menu will be a lot neater. This will NOT make them appear in the standard Plugin list - They will only be ordered like this under the Manufacturer plugin list.

I hope that made sense. If not then just give it a try and hit me back with any questions.

Cheers

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”