problem with rtas version of warmverb created with the wrapper - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

problem with rtas version of warmverb created with the wrapper

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

willco

problem with rtas version of warmverb created with the wrapper

Postby willco » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi, I converted warmverb to rtas and the plugin instance loads up as an insert but it does not function - none of the knobs work etc (although if i hover the pointer over them it gives me a reading). i emailled the guys who made warmverb and they said it is a problem with fxpansion and pro tools.. any ideas? its a great plug and it would be great to get it working! see below for the email:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: warmverb vst to rtas
To: will cohen <writetowill@gmail.com>

Hello Will,

we have examined it.
It's a problem with the RTAS wrapper and the pro-tools RTAS interface - no matter what FXpansion claims.
Please refer to FXpansion/Pro tools, because it is not a bug in our plugins.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil
Tone2.com audiosoftware / Byte4.com software development
Angerweg 10
83071 Stephanskirchen
Germany
E-mail: tone2@tone2.com
URL: http://www.tone2.com
URL: http://www.byte4.com
Phone:+49(0) 8031 / 237 643
Mobile:+49(0) 171 / 892 555 0
UstID: 98432109437

will cohen schrieb:

hi guys, i bought warmverb and it works perfectly in logic but i have the fxpansion vst wrapper so made an rtas version but it doesnt work - the plugin gui opens etc but i cant twiddle any of the controls. do you know of a way to make it work? any help would be much appreciated.. i would love to use it in pro tools! i am running pt7.4.2 on a macbook pro in case its any help.

cheers, will

willco

tone 2 seem to at least answer your queries!

Postby willco » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:50 pm

i sent markus from tone 2 some info you gave in answer to other threads about issues people have with frozen gui in several plugins and he replied quickly:

FXPansion provides false information and forwards customers to other companies. Their wrapper is not 100% vst 2.4 compatible. I already compained about this and posted a thread in the fxpansion forum on kvr about this.

from reading several other threads it seems that you basically seem to not be developing vst to rtas any more in line with recent vst formats which is a real shame.. i am not going to use as strong words as 25ghosts used in his thread but i feel the problems people have rest at your door.. its a bit lame really and i certainly wouldnt recommend the wrapper to anybody looking for a future proof solution.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:06 am

With respect to Markus - we don't provide false information, that's BS. We forward customers to the VST developers because those VST developers are the only people who can do anything about their plug-ins not being compatible with the wrapper. There is no change we could make to the wrapper that would 'solve it for them'. We also provide said VST developers with clear and easy instructions on what to do, so I don't really know what Markus' problem is.

Interoperability and compatibility is a complex subject, and companies - and sometimes customers too (though we'd really love to save you the hassle..) - have to work together to sort these things out. I've told Markus he can email me any time if he needs more help, but haven't heard anything back.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”