When i click on "Detect & Wrap VST plugins" an error message pops up "wrapperconfig2.exe encountered problem, - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

When i click on "Detect & Wrap VST plugins" an error message pops up "wrapperconfig2.exe encountered problem,

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

misha_kosenkov

When i click on "Detect & Wrap VST plugins" an error message pops up "wrapperconfig2.exe encountered problem,

Postby misha_kosenkov » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:28 pm

This is the message that pops up when i click on "Detect & Wrap VST plugins" : "wrapperconfig2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I tryed to uninstall and then reinstall the VSTtoRTASadapter2 it didn't help. The program worked just fine for a month, now it doesn't work at all...
Please help !...

ryan_fx

Postby ryan_fx » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Can you please share the following with us?

1. exact OS version
2. exact Pro Tools version
3. exact version of the VST plug ins that you are using
4. version of the VST-RTAS adapter that you have installed

This sounds like a compatibility issue, and if I have the chance to examine your details, we may be able to remedy your issue fairly quickly.

Best,

ryan_fx

misha_kosenkov

Postby misha_kosenkov » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:52 am

I think i have found the problem why The Adapter was shutting itself down. Recently i added 2 new vst plugins (.dll files) to one of my vst plug folder: ColorTone and PhaseTone by Tritone Digital. If i select a folder with plugs to be wrapped where these two plugins are, the Adapter gives the error message that it needs to close. When i select another folder with other vst plugins, The adapter wraps them just fine. ColorTone & PhaseTone plugs seem to be the problem. So i deleted them, and it worked :-)

Windows XP, ProTolls 7.4

kehorne

"wrapper2config.exe has stopped working"

Postby kehorne » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:20 am

My RTAS has stopped working and threatens to close when attempting to re-wrap.

PTLE 8
WIN 7
VST/RTAS 2.1
REAL GUITAR 2

Worked fine until trying to access on 05.30.10

I just bought this last month and it was working fine in protools.
Please assist

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”