VST to RTAS on MacPro+Leopard - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

VST to RTAS on MacPro+Leopard

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

thedrummer

VST to RTAS on MacPro+Leopard

Postby thedrummer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Application installs OK - I can find and wrap Trilogy, Stylus RMX and Atmosphere OK and when I open Pro Tools 7.4.2 VST-Stylus RMX is in the Instruments folder and VST-Atmos and VST-Trilogy are in the Wrapped Plugs Folder. Stylus works just fine and I think more stable then as a RTAS plug. So Far So Good! However when I select Atmos or Trilogy they appear as a plugin with a little PT window but no application interface opens (or is hidden behind any windows.) I simply can't access the functionality of these plugs. No error messages, nothing. Any ideas anyone?

MacPro(Late 07) 8-Core 3Ghz/8GbRam/OS 10.5.6/Latest installed VST versions/Pro Tools 7.4.2

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Those plugins are not universal binary - you can't run them on an Intel machine unless you use them in a host that's running in Rosetta mode (not worth doing as it will be very slow).
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

thedrummer

Postby thedrummer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Thank you for that information - very grateful.
A question - in your opinion would I be better off wrapping all the VST versions of my RTAS plugs since I find though my Protools HD TDM rig is very stable in Audio only mode, any RTAS product will pull it down at some stage even though they are advertised as Intel and Leopard compatable.
Thanks again.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:47 pm

You might, it depends on the exact nature of the bugs in those RTAS products.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

hakansson.micke@telia.com

Korg Legacy Collection

Postby hakansson.micke@telia.com » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:03 pm

EDIT: After reading the manual its actually mentioned, problems with the Legacy collection. So I give up. :(

The Korg Legacy Collection 1.1.10 VST doesnt wrap with the latest Wrapper 2.1 for OSX. All applications is authorized and worked perfect on my PC. The Korgs works perfectly on the Mac as standalone. None of the free Jeroen Breebaart vst:s wraps. They dont even show up in the adapter and maybe they only works on PC? The Korgs shows up in adapter but is grey.

New to Mac, been with it for 3 days, Macbook (white) 10.5.2

/Micke

IDTA

No sound on any wrapped instrument

Postby IDTA » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:40 pm

I have a Macpro running some wrapped plugins, but none of them work. even same versions of the wrapped versions in RTAS work fine. Find it a bit hard to believe all my plugins (all Musiclab, Native instrumens complete, all spectrasonics) are not compatible.

Im running:

Digi HD6
Magma expansion
Protools 7.4 cs3
VST to RTAS 2.11 (all verions I download and install seem to be the same.. all 2.1)

osx 10.4.11
Macpro 8core
12 GB RAM

Please help!!

soundsgoodtome

Re: Korg Legacy Collection

Postby soundsgoodtome » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 am

hakansson.micke@telia.com wrote:EDIT: After reading the manual its actually mentioned, problems with the Legacy collection. So I give up. :(

The Korg Legacy Collection 1.1.10 VST doesnt wrap with the latest Wrapper 2.1 for OSX. All applications is authorized and worked perfect on my PC. The Korgs works perfectly on the Mac as standalone. None of the free Jeroen Breebaart vst:s wraps. They dont even show up in the adapter and maybe they only works on PC? The Korgs shows up in adapter but is grey.

You're mistaken. :) The manual mentions problems with the Korg LegacyCell performance tool, not the virtual instruments. Then, the manual states:

"the actual Korg synths and effects plug-ins themselves have been tested and work fine."

Previously, I successfully wrapped the VST versions of both the MS-20 and the Polysix -- but now, I can't. Since wrapping them, some months ago, I've upgraded from a Quad G5 to a Mac Pro, upgraded Pro Tools from 7.4 to 8, and upgraded from Tiger to Leopard. I also just upgraded VST To RTAS Adapter. So -- obviously -- it's impossible for me to pinpoint the "culprit" in this matter, except to say that it definitely worked before.

This is really frustrating and disappointing, as I use those instruments frequently. I hope someone gets to the bottom of this, quickly.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Did you update the Korg synths to the latest version? Those should wrap OK.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

crizdee

Postby crizdee » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Did you update the Korg synths to the latest version? Those should wrap OK.

Hi,

You can upgrade legacy to RTAS
go to korg user .net the details on there somewhere or ask on their forum

I have legacy collection working fine in PT 8.0.1 on Intel

Chris

thea.cochr

Postby thea.cochr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:39 pm

I've been having a different problem with the adapter under Leopard on a Mac Pro: on plug-ins where there is no specific GUI the text is very difficult to read. Sort of dark black writing on a black background. It worked fine on my old Powerbook so I'm not sure what is causing this problem.

Note that I have no problem with text in the configuration application, and downloading the Arial installer didn't help.

syrupcore

Postby syrupcore » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:13 pm

matcochr wrote:I've been having a different problem with the adapter under Leopard on a Mac Pro: on plug-ins where there is no specific GUI the text is very difficult to read. Sort of dark black writing on a black background. It worked fine on my old Powerbook so I'm not sure what is causing this problem.

Note that I have no problem with text in the configuration application, and downloading the Arial installer didn't help.

Hi

I'm having the same problem here - with chromeless plugins anyway. Not sure 'chromeless' is the right word but it appears to be plugs that rely on the host to skin them (like the MDA VSTs). They still work sonically if I try to use the force to figure out where I'm at with the mouse.

I'm using PT 8.0.1 and OS X 10.5.8. Screenshot attached. I also have no problem with the configuration application and also downloaded the arial isntaller, just in case.

Thanks,
Will
Attachments
vst-rtas-skinless-plugin.png
screen capture of the MDA plugin 'bandisto'.
vst-rtas-skinless-plugin.png (28.21 KiB) Viewed 10448 times

saqibhassan

Would Love a Fix for this.....

Postby saqibhassan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:59 pm

I have the Exact same Problem with the MDA Plugs...
Would Love a Fix for this.....

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”