"Plug-In Failed To Load" message in PT 7.3 le - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

"Plug-In Failed To Load" message in PT 7.3 le

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Jwkasmann

"Plug-In Failed To Load" message in PT 7.3 le

Postby Jwkasmann » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:14 am

I need help. I used the wrapper and everything seemed to work fine. The instrument plugins appear in the insert menu of my PT instrument track. Problem is, when I try to load the plugin as an insert I get a message saying "the plugin failed to load," and it doesn't work. Got the message for both mono and stereo tracks. Anybody know what's wrong? Thanks.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 am

Hi,

We'll need a bit more info...
- which version of the wrapper?
- which plug-ins?
- which operating system?
- what kind of computer?

Best,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Jwkasmann

Postby Jwkasmann » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Using adapter v2.11 in windows xp on a dell latitude d630 (2.5GB Ram, Intel core duo 1.8Ghz processor). Using a couple of free instrument plugins: GTG DPC 3 from vstplanet.com, one called mydrumsetrocks from kvraudio.com.

This is my first time trying to do this vst-rtas conversion, and really my first time using external plug-ins except for Amplitube. I may be doing something brainless, i don't know, but it's weird because they show up in PT, they just fail to load.

Thanks.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:36 pm

You didn't move or delete the VSTs after wrapping them, by any chance..? What's the exact error message you get?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Jwkasmann

Postby Jwkasmann » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:33 pm

No, I didn't move any of the files. After it didn't work the first time I copied the .dll files into the common files-->...-->plug-ins folder with all the .dpm files, but i didn't move them. Still didn't work after that, though I didn't think that would really fix anything since the wrapped .dpm files show up in that folder already. The exact message is "The plug-in failed to load." That's it. Then the generic plug-in window still pops up and is insterted, as if it was just reverb or some default plug-in, but there's no actual plug-in. Does that make sense?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 am

Is there anything at all unusual about your system..? non-admin user account, non-english windows version, that kind of thing? Neither of those should prevent it from working, but might give us some clues. Also, maybe try a couple more VSTs and see if those work, it's possible (albeit unlikely) you were just unlucky so far.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”