Detect new VST plugins? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Detect new VST plugins?

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Gothboy

Detect new VST plugins?

Postby Gothboy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Does this feature actually work? Because everytime I use it if I add one new VST it only scans that ONE plug and the ones I had wrapped already are now gone from my list in Pro Tools. I usually go into my Digi plugin folder and remove the VST versions of my RTAS plugins but I'd like to not have to do this every time I use the wrapper to scan one plug.. That way the list is shorter and easier to manage and I don't have redundancy. I like to keep things real simple...but I'd like to be able to just scan one plugin if I add one and not scan the whole lot of them and have to remove the unwanted ones afterwards.
How is this done?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:37 pm

That shouldn't be happening.. if you have a look in your PT plugins folder, you should see the DPM files the wrapper generates.. are those disappearing when you choose 'Detect new VST plugins'?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Gothboy

Postby Gothboy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Angus,
It's now working for me....I don't know what I did previously as it was weeks ago. All previously wrapped vsts still in there. I'll post back if anything changes.
Thanks much
Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz. 9GB RAM
Leopard 10.5.8/Pro Tools 8.0.1/Digi 002R
M-audio Radium 61/Novation Remoter Zero SL/AlphaTrack controllers
Fxspansion VST-RTAS adapter 2
Dual 1.4 processor G4 with 1.25GB RAM
Tiger 10.4.11
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs8

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”