Problems with Gladiator and Toxic on protools 8... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Problems with Gladiator and Toxic on protools 8...

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Sethwilliams

Problems with Gladiator and Toxic on protools 8...

Postby Sethwilliams » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi everyone,

i have a MacPro with Protools 8 and VST to RTAS version 2.11. I use to use the Nexus Vanguard or others Native Instruments and since i have the VST to RTAS, i use easily Silent from Lennar or Slyer from REFX.

But i have big problems with the Gladiator from Tone 2 and the Toxic Biohazard from Image Line. With the first one, i can't edit its sounds and with the last one, the window seems to freeze and i can't change presets...

Have you met the same problems ? What can i do ?

Best regards.

passionmax

Postby passionmax » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 am

I am going through the same thing. Does anyone know if Fxpansions will fix this. Tone2 site says that FXpansions VST to RTAS does not support VSTi verions 2.4 and up

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 am

Unfortunately some aspects of Pro Tools' code on OS X are not 100% compatible with some details of VST2.4. We provide detailed developer guidelines for how VST developers can make their stuff work (usually with just 3 or 4 lines of code). I have sent the info to Markus in the past but he didn't seem to want to do anything with it.

Best,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”