VST to RTAS adapter wont work pt8 mac - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

VST to RTAS adapter wont work pt8 mac

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

seth_mo

VST to RTAS adapter wont work pt8 mac

Postby seth_mo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:49 am

However I’m having trouble installing the vst to rtas v2 on my mac. I have the latest version of the vst to rtas v2 converter program and my serial number however when I try to install I get the error that digdesign/Plug-Ins folder doesn’t exist. (which it does but is called Plug-In not Plug-in) I’ve tried to reset the permissions of the drive but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

I tried installing a free synth called orca. When installing this created a folder called Plug-in (note no capital letter on in) next to the digidesign/Plug-In.

After this new folder is created the application will install but and open but when I try to wrap VST I get the following error message.

error opening source file: /Applications/Vst To Rtas Adaptor V2.1/VST to RTAS Adapter Config.app/Contents/MacOS/Template/dpmContents/pkginfo
⁃ APPL????

After hitting OK to the error message it the VST’s seem to be wrapped but when I open Pro Tools I can see the wrapped VST’s but when I try to open one I get no sound and the interface of all VSTs is a messed up graphic? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for you help in this matter.

seth_mo

Postby seth_mo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 am

anyone else having similar problems?

seth_mo

Postby seth_mo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:22 pm

The problem was to do with my mac hdd being formatted as case-sensitive. I reformatted the hdd and the vst to rtas now opens and detects and wraps vsts.

However if I close it and reopen it, all vsts are missing. If i scan for vst and leave vst to rtas program open and then open PT 8 I see the vst instruments but when I load them there is no sound.

Graphics are also missing. I've checked that the vsts are mac and intel compatible. any help appreciated.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”