Public update on the RTAS wrapper (VST2.3 & VST2.4 plugins) - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Public update on the RTAS wrapper (VST2.3 & VST2.4 plugins)

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Drew_fx

Public update on the RTAS wrapper (VST2.3 & VST2.4 plugins)

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey everyone,

One thing that seems to slip through people's nets sometimes is that the VST-RTAS wrapper is designed to work with plugins using VST2.3, not all plugins using VST2.4 will work. The majority of plugins that don't work, it ends up being this fact. So please confirm with your VSTplugin manufacturer whether their plugins are VST2.3 or 2.4, before you purchase the wrapper.

In the event of a VST2.3 plugin not working, we will endeavour to help you through our usual support channels.

Sometimes VST2.4 plugins the sound will process, but the GUI will not respond. We have some code we can share with developers that will enable their GUI's to work correctly with our wrapper. Please consult the manufacturer, ask them to get in touch with us, and we can arrange a conversation on this with them.

We do not support VST3 plugins at all with the wrapper. We are also aware of the need for an update to the wrapper, however at this time we cannot give any time estimates on when this will happen, but we are well aware of the demand. We ask for your patience regarding this. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 am

Another note for Lion users:

The wrapper is compatible with Lion. If on launch of the wrapper you get a warning about not being able to access some system files, try to repair permissions on your [SYSTEM]/library/audio/plug-ins folder. This will allow the wrapper access to the plugins area, which it needs to have in order to write some temporary files when wrapping.

ttg

Postby ttg » Wed May 09, 2012 4:45 am

Sadly on my Lion there are 2 issues related to changes in the system:
- Apple's change/lack of QuickDraw cause some plugins no to show interfaces.
- On my rig audio is broken, Virtual Instruments simply won't work.

PT10.x / Lion 10.6.3

NOTE: I've repaired permission verified the plugins are 2.x and not VST3.

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Wed May 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Plugins have to be VST 2.3 - many VST 2.4 plugins will work, but not those that use a certain buggy bit of code in the VSTGUI graphics system.
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

williewilcoxmusic

VST Wrapper 2.1 using 10.7.4 OSX/Pro Tools 10 not working

Postby williewilcoxmusic » Mon May 28, 2012 7:24 pm

I am running 10.7.4 OSX
I am using FXPansion VST/RTAS V 2.1.0
Pro Tools 10
Sylenth, won't work
Audio Realisim plugs won't work
D 16 Phoscyon won't work
Albino Does work

All these plugins work in Logic Pro

Any thoughts our shared experiences?

natelikesoreos

Postby natelikesoreos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:06 am

The Lion issue you mention doesn't even seem to be a common problem just from tallying up what I've seen on this board, and on others as well. How is the wrapper compatible with Lion, yet there are so many people who have an identical issue? This is also something I haven't even seen addressed by any dev's here. You've done a good job at dodging and ignoring quite a few threads here and leaving your customers hanging; I'm one of them.

The plugins aren't passing audio when inserted on the track, that's it. The plugins are wrapping, and appearing in protools, they just aren't working. MY particular plugins have been tested and have been wrapped and work fine on my windows system, but do not work on Lion.

I appreciate the software and work this company has done. Obviously I wouldn't be so irritated to get it working again if I didn't, but you really should be a little more informative and at least be honest. My first ticket response seemed pretty effortless, not very informative, and it was information I'd already seen quite a few times else where. It definitely lacked professionalism, and I'm pretty sure he used "BTW" at one point. Uhm, cool? Doesn't make me feel very confident in who I have answering my questions, especially when I'm waiting days at a time to receive them. BTW, I am a paying customer, not all of us are complete morons and are definitely aware when there is a lack of service on the other end.

Food for thought, I'd really like some help with this issue though.

williewilcoxmusic

Re: Public update on the RTAS wrapper (VST2.3 & VST2.4 plugins)

Postby williewilcoxmusic » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 am

This is a Lion issue. As the poster at the bottom of the page stated the support from FX hasn't been stellar.
I purchased a program called Reaper. It runs as a rewire in Pro Tools 10 running Lion.
It processes au and VST's just fine. Takes up much less CPU power as dogging the VST's into RTAS. Maybe we all can find alternatives like Reaper and just not bother depending on FX anymore. (http://www.reaper.fm/)
I don't work for Reaper. I just spent the last four days of my life looking for a solution. Ww

natelikesoreos

Postby natelikesoreos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:40 am

Drew_fx wrote:Another note for Lion users:

The wrapper is compatible with Lion.

I mean this is all I really needed to hear. Now only if it actually worked.

akreacha

LION Issue, passing audio

Postby akreacha » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:44 am

Yes, PT 9 or later (10) do not pass audio on many VST's when your running LION. We realllly need an update here guys. any news? Id really like to use my new mac and not have to consistently jump daws/use my old pc....

gifford677

Postby gifford677 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Using Pro-tools 10. Will the VST To RTAS Adapter convert the MusicLab software: 'RealGuitar2L' for use as a Pro Tools plug-in?

williewilcoxmusic

VST RTAS Wrapper

Postby williewilcoxmusic » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Any updates?
This is still not compatible with Lion and Pro Tools 10. Is there a plan to support this?
I have followed all of FX's instructions and tech support responses.
If not is anyone aware of a program that work with PT 10 and Lion?
I used Reaper but I don't like opening programs outside PT via Rewire.
Can't run Sylenth
D16 Plugs
Vengeance Plugs

AshleySmith08

Re: VST RTAS Wrapper

Postby AshleySmith08 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:41 pm

williewilcoxmusic wrote:Any updates?
This is still not compatible with Lion and Pro Tools 10. Is there a plan to support this?
I have followed all of FX's instructions and tech support responses.
If not is anyone aware of a program that work with PT 10 and Lion?
I used Reaper but I don't like opening programs outside PT via Rewire.
Can't run Sylenth
D16 Plugs
Vengeance Plugs

Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 is an option.
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

martix004

Re:

Postby martix004 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 pm

ttg wrote:Sadly on my Lion there are 2 issues related to changes in the system:
- Apple's change/lack of QuickDraw cause meilleurs credits en ligne some plugins no to show interfaces.
- On my rig audio is broken, Virtual Instruments simply won't work.

PT10.x / Lion 10.6.3

NOTE: I've repaired permission verified the plugins are 2.x and not VST3.

It seems that the Tama S. Phillips Snare 12x5 Brush kit piece is missing from the BFD Modern Retro expansion pack.
Thanks!

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”