another vista bug? My DR008 had to be re-registered after every startup - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

another vista bug? My DR008 had to be re-registered after every startup

Support for DR-008 Advanced Rhythm Production Station

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Klemperer

another vista bug? My DR008 had to be re-registered after every startup

Postby Klemperer » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Well, title says it. I'm fighting with VISTA on my new laptop instead of making music... One thing that didn't work was my beloved DR008. The solution is here in the forum, you have to deactivate UAC and DR008 is running like the new horse. Another bug I had was that every time I started a song in my sequencer DR008 asked for the registration again. Funnily enough this is gone too now after deactivating the disturbing and annoying UAC.

Nice. Only 96 problems left, and performance with a for my budget super-fast laptop is worse than with an old 2003 laptop who went to meet his makers. Seems Vista has audio problems on some machines, read the Guardian - article "why Vista sounds worse" from January 31 if you run into the same problems. Bizarre. Win98Se worked better for me than Vista does now. Others are happy, but that doesn't help if your machine is not working with this slightly bloated OS.

Klemperer

Postby Klemperer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:41 pm

to answer this quite senselessly myself after a loong time, this happened before SP1 with quite a few plugins. And was solved then (I told Peter Linsener from Linplug at that time who confirmed this behaviour for his synths).

Well, at least nobody thinks there still would be a vista-bug, as my Guru and DR008 run just as great in vista as they did in XP.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:57 am

UAC is notorious for breaking compatibility with older plugins that weren't written with it in mind, but once you switch it off, all should be OK.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “DR-008”