DR-008 And Vista 64 Bit - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

DR-008 And Vista 64 Bit

Support for DR-008 Advanced Rhythm Production Station

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

thomasabarnes

DR-008 And Vista 64 Bit

Postby thomasabarnes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:06 am

Hi Angus and all:

I just bought the DR-008 last month sometime. I 've been using it with SONAR 8 in Vista Ulimate X64. I have noticed that
I have to re-load a kit every time I open a project using the DR-008. The loaded kit is not remembered and automatically loaded when I open a project I have saved with a loaded kit.

Is there anything I can do to fix it so the kit is loaded automatically as it is in windows 32 Bit operating systems?

I realize development of the DR-008 has stopped, but I have to say I always thought this is a really very nice software drum sampler! Actually, I like it more than the newer products you have, (Guru, BFD, and BFD2, for example) It's really a bummer, you stopped development on this fine piece of software!

Anyway, I'm glad you still have it for purchase!!! You have done a great job making this drum sampler!! Another thing I want to say, is maybe it would be a good idea to make available newer drum samples that can be used in the DR-008. I would be willing to buy some.

Thanks for the DR-008!! It's still a really nice drum sampler!!!!

thomasabarnes

Postby thomasabarnes » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Hello all"

I really need a reply to this question. I have SONAR 8, and I'm wodering if this is a bug in SONAR or if it's because the DR-008 is not being developed anymore that when I save a project with a kit loaded into the DR-008 in SONAR 8 64Bit version, the kit is not automatically loaded when I open that project.

Is this because it would require further development of the DR-008 for the kit to automatically load in a 64bit app or could this be a bug in SONAR 8 64bit version?

Thanks for any help concerning this matter.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am

It could be a bug in Sonar 64-bit version, it could be a bug in DR-008 - rather difficult to say, but certainly worth letting Cakewalk know as they may well be able to do something about it.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

thomasabarnes

Postby thomasabarnes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks for the reply Angus.

I have just reported this problem to Cakewalk, officially.

thenoizzbox

Postby thenoizzbox » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:23 pm

It's probably a bug in Sonar because DR-008 works fine in both Reaper 2.x and in the newly (finally!) released Acid Pro 7 in Vista 64 Ultimate. I am constantly amazed how well DR-008 keeps working so long after its last update.

vitamind

Postby vitamind » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:28 pm

thenoizzbox wrote:It's probably a bug in Sonar because DR-008 works fine in both Reaper 2.x and in the newly (finally!) released Acid Pro 7 in Vista 64 Ultimate. I am constantly amazed how well DR-008 keeps working so long after its last update.

Hmmm..

So its confirmed that DR-008 runs the same in windows XP x64 as it does in windows XP Pro 32-bit? No upgrade or patch required?

thomasabarnes

Postby thomasabarnes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi All:

I bought my copy of the new SONAR 8.5 Producer Edition today.

I am very happy to report that the beloved DR-008 works great now with the new BitBridge in the new version of SONAR 8.5.1 Producer Edition. There were two issues I was experiencing using SONAR 8.3.1 and Vista Ultimate 64bit.

1) The Cakewalk Plug In Manager used to hang when it scanned the DR-008, which meant that the DR-008 couldn't be used in SONAR 8.3.1, without a work around.

2) I had to re-load a kit every time I open a project using the DR-008, even though I save the project with a kit loaded. The loaded kit is not remembered and automatically loaded.

These two issues no longer exist for me using SONAR 8.5.1 64bit version and the Evaluation copy build 7100 of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. The Cakewalk Plug In Manager scans the DR-008 successfully, and the drumkit is loaded automatically when a project is loaded that was saved with a kit loaded into the Dr-008.

YAHOO!!!

Return to “DR-008”