DR-008 can't find modules under Win7 64-bit - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

DR-008 can't find modules under Win7 64-bit

Support for DR-008 Advanced Rhythm Production Station

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

TomR

DR-008 can't find modules under Win7 64-bit

Postby TomR » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm having a problem with DR-008 in Cubase 5 32-bit under Win7 64-bit: DR-008 can't find most of its modules. When right-clicking on a pad only Disco Clap, DrumSynth008 and rSpaceDrum show up. I first noticed something was wrong when I opened a project that I had begun working on under WinXP: a sound was missing. When I then opened the DR-008 editor I noticed the pad that was supposed to trigger the sound was empty. I have absolutely made sure all paths in the DR-008 config are set correctly (Modules: C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\DR-008\Modules). Also: when I launch the project in question or when I launch DR-008 in a new project I get an error popup titled 'DR-008 Error: no modules!' and stating 'Couldn't find any DR-008 Wizards. Did you configure the DR-008 correctly?' Well, as far as I can tell I did, but it still isn't working. Any idea what could be wrong?

Tom

P.S.: Same thing happens with the standalone version of DR-008.

TomR

Postby TomR » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Just read vitamind's topic titled 'Can't use or even uninstall Dr-008 in Windows 7' and (after finding out what 'UAC' means :wink: ) I have found that the solution mentioned there also fixed my problem: turn off UAC (user account control, can be done via Control Panel), reboot, relaunch DR-008 and re-activate when asked!

Thanks vitamind! :)

T

Return to “DR-008”