Unknown kit piece and Authorization - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Unknown kit piece and Authorization

Support for the FXpansion online shop, useraccounts, registering products and all other aspects of the FXpansion website

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

MattPokok

Unknown kit piece and Authorization

Postby MattPokok » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 am

I have just purchased BFD2 yesterday and as yet I have not been able to get a single drum sound. I have installed all 5 discs and registered the product. When I open BFD2 and try to load a kit every slot on every drumkit says "unknown kit piece". When I click on a kit piece there is white writing at the bottom which says "There are unlicenced kit pieces not shown. Click here to run licence manager to authorize these pieces. When I click it and bring up the licence manager it has 2 products listed BFD2 which says "OK" under status and FXBFD which says "invalid auth - click to start authorization". I followed the instructions exactly in the book on Authorizing BFD2. So why is it not working?

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:03 pm

If you only have BFD2 and the samples which come with BFD2 then reinstall the samples. Do you have any other (older) BFD sample packs installed?

You should only have 2 folders in your BFD2 folder \Audio and \Grooves.

Rail

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi,

Where did you install your audio data to?

Just double check the following:-

1. Your audio Data Path your should only have two folders in it, Audio and Grooves
2. Check that your Data Path in BFD2's Data Preferences is correct.
3. Go to License Manager and delete the FXBFD entry.
4. Close LM and open BFD2 and 'Trash and rebuild all databases' from the Data Preferences.

That should solve your missing kit pieces problem, but I'm curious to know if the phantom FXBFD entry returns in License Manager.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Oop - Rail beat me to it :)

GoldenFrog

Postby GoldenFrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:02 am

Hi. I've the same problem. I have BFD2, Andy johns and Joe Barresi samples, but I installed them a long time ago. Last time I used them were last month. Now that I checked for a track I was working out, I can't load any of the kits. It doesn't work neither in standalone.

I'm running OSX and haven't made any upgrade to the OS this month. I deleted the FXBFD in the license manager, and trash and rebuild all databases, but still... it is not working. The path is directed to the BFD2 folder, which has the Audio and Grooves folders, and the ones of the Platinum Samples. Should I reinstall everything again?

Thanks
Nigel

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:05 am

Please read the sticky thread in the BFD2 forum for Expansion Packs -- you have them installed in the wrong folder.

Rail

GoldenFrog

Postby GoldenFrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:32 am

Platinum Samples wrote:Please read the sticky thread in the BFD2 forum for Expansion Packs -- you have them installed in the wrong folder.

Rail

Thanks Rail, but I installed them in the right folder, since everything was working right last month.

I went to the preferences page, selected the data path, clicked the minus button, and then I added the data path again. Problem solved!

Thanks for your support.
Nigel

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:36 am

Hi Nigel,

If they're in your BFD2 path, then they're in the wrong path... and they may disappear again.

There should only be 2 folders in your BFD2 folder... \Audio and \Grooves

Cheers,

Rail

MattPokok

Postby MattPokok » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks for the help :) . Platinum I have had no other BFD packs only BFD2. I deleted the FXBFD entry a few times and it keeps reappearing in there but I have got the drums working now. I deleted the data path and re-entered it and it solved the problem. I still have the FXBFD in licence manager but the program is working so it doesnt seem to be a problem now.

Return to “FX Website Support”