Forum

FXpansion Forum

Automate "Dynamics" in the Global settings?

Share your tips and tricks for using FXpansion products

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

congalocke

Automate "Dynamics" in the Global settings?

Postby congalocke » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Does anybody know if such a thing is possible? I've done several searches in the forums but alas...I haven't been successful in finding an answer to my query.

I like the idea of giving it a nudge in certain parts of the song to make the performance itself more dynamic. Maybe one has to dub the whole performance down in real time rather then export to achieve this?

purtington

Re: Automate "Dynamics" in the Global settings?

Postby purtington » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:08 pm

congalocke wrote:Does anybody know if such a thing is possible? I've done several searches in the forums but alas...I haven't been successful in finding an answer to my query.

I like the idea of giving it a nudge in certain parts of the song to make the performance itself more dynamic. Maybe one has to dub the whole performance down in real time rather then export to achieve this?

When you say, "in global settings" do you mean on the dashboard where there are, Tune, Dynamic, Loud and Tone dials?

If so then yes, they can be automated. Not sure if or how you do it in stand alone but it's pretty easy in host mode.

Go to the Auto tab, click on, Learn and you'll see all the dials and such that can be automated will be highlighted brown.
The four previously mentioned dials in the dashboard are all highlighted as are most (but not all) controls in the tech and modal panels.

Hope that helps

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

congalocke

Re: Automate "Dynamics" in the Global settings?

Postby congalocke » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Steve,
That's awesome! Thanks for the assist! ;-)

Return to “Tips and Techniques”