Additional Artics - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Additional Artics

Share your tips and tricks for using FXpansion products

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

jimk

Additional Artics

Postby jimk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Well, I am new to BFD2 and have been spoiled by some other products. And I think BFD2 is a wonderful piece of software. I have bought a few expansion kits so now I have a pretty big library of DRUM SOUNDS.

One of the short comings of the BFD samples to me is the lack of a TOM hit close to the rim as an articulation choice. As you know, the sound of a TOM hit close to the rim sounds a lot different than a TOM hit in the middle of the drum as it appears all of the toms hits have been sampled.

I thought about this for awhile and came up with a work around that works in my mixes. What I did was choose the largest DRUM KIT piece setting. And then, assigned the same TOM to different drums in the kit. I tuned one a bit higher than the other one and mix it a bit differently so that it sounds like a RIM SHOT hit on the same tom. That way, when I want a TOM RIM SHOT accent, I trigger this drum piece in addition to the regular drum piece and am able to recreate those wonder accents in tom fills.

For those much more experienced than me with BFD, you probably already know this but I just discovered this and wanted to share with other NEWBIES like me.

Thanks,
Jim

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:26 pm

For those of you looking for more tom articulations, you won't have to wait long................... :wink:

jimk

Postby jimk » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:03 am

Talk about a teaser. I hope this is an upgrade and not more product I need to buy!

Thanks John for the update,
Jim

solarpower947

Re: Additional Artics

Postby solarpower947 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:30 am

Thanks for the informaton!
https://www.solarpanelcostprice.com.au

Return to “Tips and Techniques”