External hd data advice - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

External hd data advice

Share your tips and tricks for using FXpansion products

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

pmaceli

External hd data advice

Postby pmaceli » Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm running BFD off my Mac laptop, all data installed to an external drive. This all works fine when tracking, but I'd like to edit the recorded grooves away from my studio without lugging the external drive along. I don't need any of the sounds I've recorded with, just the ability to clean things up. Was curious to know how other folks handle this scenario and any advice is appreciated.

DrNewcenstein

Postby DrNewcenstein » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Best bet would probably be to export the Grooves as MIDI, then tweak them on whichever computer you can access that has a MIDI editor.

Come to think of it, a BFD-specific Groove editor would be nice. No sounds (maybe General MIDI of a system's default sound device?), no Mixer, no Kit Inspector, just the Editor view (Groove list and editing window, but no Drum Track at the top).

Would make a nice Smartphone app as well. You could tweak/edit on the go, then dump the saved Groove/Preset into your BFD system and do all your advanced tweaking, without having to memorize MIDI Note Names/Numbers. Just Drag&Drop into, around, or out of the grid.

Davidnot

External hd data advice

Postby Davidnot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi folks

First post in the F-35 section;

Anybody know or have seen the F-35 with external fuel tanks? I know she can carry them, just curious as to wether they are similar to the F-16 600 gallon tanks, or completelly new design?

Return to “Tips and Techniques”