BFD Eco Drum Rack for Ableton Live 8.4 / 9 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD Eco Drum Rack for Ableton Live 8.4 / 9

Share your tips and tricks for using FXpansion products

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

R.A.W.

BFD Eco Drum Rack for Ableton Live 8.4 / 9

Postby R.A.W. » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi there,
I recently bought BFD Eco and I made a drum rack for Live to better see the different articulations when programming drums. I use Live 8.4 32bit on Win7, but it might work on Macs or 64bit, just try it. ;)

I thought other people might be interested, so I thought I'd share it here. Make sure to read the readme!!

p.s.: I had a quick run with it and it still works with Live 9.
Attachments
Bitmud_BFD_Eco_Drum_Rack_Live8_4.zip
BFD Eco Drum Rack for Live 8.4
(36 KiB) Downloaded 843 times

Strumlord

Re: BFD Eco Drum Rack for Ableton Live 8.4 / 9

Postby Strumlord » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm

R.A.W. wrote:Hi there,
I recently bought BFD Eco and I made a drum rack for Live to better see the different articulations when programming drums. I use Live 8.4 32bit on Win7, but it might work on Macs or 64bit, just try it. ;)

I thought other people might be interested, so I thought I'd share it here. Make sure to read the readme!!

p.s.: I had a quick run with it and it still works with Live 9.

Sweet, I recently bought BFD 2 for use with live as well. Will your file work with BFD 2?

R.A.W.

Postby R.A.W. » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Strumlord wrote:Sweet, I recently bought BFD 2 for use with live as well. Will your file work with BFD 2?

I don't know as I don't own BFD 2 (yet ;)). You could just try it, the worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work.

But tbh I don't know why you need it. The Rack is meant to be an easier way to see the articulations and you already got that with the groove editor in BFD 2.

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 pm

R.A.W. wrote:
Strumlord wrote:Sweet, I recently bought BFD 2 for use with live as well. Will your file work with BFD 2?

I don't know as I don't own BFD 2 (yet ;)). You could just try it, the worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work.

But tbh I don't know why you need it. The Rack is meant to be an easier way to see the articulations and you already got that with the groove editor in BFD 2.

Thanks for the quick response.
I'm new to both Ableton and BFD 2. So I'm gathering as much info as possible to get off on the right foot. I've had issues getting BFD 2 up and running and decided to to take Fxpansion's advice and bought another HD so that I can do the install per their recommendations. I'll be receiving the new drive tomorrow and setting things up over the weekend. I'm looking forward to diving into BFD 2. The demo sounds that I heard were awesome.

Hannah6163

Postby Hannah6163 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi Bitmud: I recently tried the Ableton /BFD Eco drum rack, and got it to communicate with my Novation Impulse Controller. I can control the notes, but it won't allow me to stack the kick , then overdub the HH, snare ,etc. to build drum parts like the preloaded Ableton Kits allow me to. it only allows me to record one component. Also, it won't write the notes for me to see them in clip view, or allow me to set the length of a loop in the clip view loop dialogue window. Finally, I'm new to Ableton (I have Live 9), and i'd like to know how to use a drum rack, and trigger sounds from the external instrument as stated in the readme.

Thank you

Hannah6163

Postby Hannah6163 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:54 pm

Well,I tried it again, and I set the metronome for a 4-click, one bar entry. The metronome works fine, but Ableton wont allow me to record a note . I'm using Ableton live 9, Windows 10, 64 bit. Need Help!

Hannah6163

Postby Hannah6163 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Hello Again: I finally got the loop function to work again. Had to uninstall/ reinstall Ableton Live 9. Now when I try to use BFD Eco as my sound source, I can only hear the 1 note that I use to introduce the drum part I'm writing, and no more. (As in note 1of the 16 note 4 bar loop is audible, but none of the others are.Also, none of the notes record to Ableton Live 9.

Is this do- able or am I wasting my time?

PorelCortny

Postby PorelCortny » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:20 am

Unfortunately this is not possible :(. I'm certainly not a professional, just learning too. Maybe someone else will say.

Return to “Tips and Techniques”