Converting Guitar Pro 6 midi drums into bfd3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Converting Guitar Pro 6 midi drums into bfd3

Share your tips and tricks for using FXpansion products

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

joey2411337

Converting Guitar Pro 6 midi drums into bfd3

Postby joey2411337 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:59 am

Hello!

Does any one have any tips or suggestions on a an easy way to get bfd3 to load with similar key mappings to guitar pro 6?

I Have a lot of music written in guitar pro 6 and i want to load those midis to bfd3 so most of the stuff is at least layed out in bfd3. I dont want to rewrite everything in bfd3 if i dont have to.

I know not everything is going to be the same, because both software's have different articulations, but i really want to see if there is a way i can save my self some time programming the drums in bfd3

Thanks!

purtington

Re: Converting Guitar Pro 6 midi drums into bfd3

Postby purtington » Wed May 04, 2016 10:26 am

If Guitar Pro 6 uses a general midi mapping for it's kits and you can export them as midi, you can then load them into BFD3 and load the general midi map that comes with BFD3.

If however guitar pro 6 uses it's own mapping system I'm guessing you're going to have to create your own keymap in BFD3.
This should be something you would only have to do once and creating key maps in BFD3 is extremely quick and easy.

Cheers

Steve

Just found this that may help.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585090
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4