Orca Filter CCs not working? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Orca Filter CCs not working?

Support for the free synth Orca

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

djskope

Orca Filter CCs not working?

Postby djskope » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Hallo all,

Just a quick question.. has anybody else got Orca to respond to midi CC input?

I'm using the default settings and when I move the fader on my kenton control freak, i see the GUI updating the current values for the CCs i.e. CC:011 v:113, 114, 115 etc but the sound itself doesn't change at all. Maybe the GUI should give some visual feedback as well (i mean the whales mouth and knobs should move on cc input) but they don't.

I've tried the CCs for the other inputs as well with no luck.

I'm using the default CC mapping as per the manual

<root>
<midimap>
<tuple key="Freq" value="CC11" />
<tuple key="Res" value="CC12" />
<tuple key="A" value="CC13" />
<tuple key="R" value="CC14" />
<tuple key="Unison" value="CC15" />
<tuple key="Detune" value="CC16" />
</midimap>
</root>

Has anyone out there ever got their pet Orca to respond? Maybe the MIDI implementation was never finished? I'd hate to have to use Cubase automation on this - CCs are so much cleaner and portable.

Many Thanks for any response..

djskope
Attachments
pet orca CCs.JPG
my pet orca is sick. despite being very capable of making fat basslines, it is not eating or responding to incoming midi CCs :( :)
pet orca CCs.JPG (30.51 KiB) Viewed 7792 times

djskope

Postby djskope » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:40 pm

quick update - i found a workaround.. i opened the plugin with chainer and mapped the knobs there to the appropriate CCs. the mouth opens and closes now and the knobs are moving :) would be great if this was fixed in the dll itself though

djskope

Postby djskope » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 am

I'm very grateful for this excellent free bass synth :D so please dont get me wrong - it just needs some minor improvements.

Just in case another version is released one day the current version also doesn't seem to respond to midi program change messages. I'll shout if I spot anything else :wink:

Return to “Orca”