e-drumming and health - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

e-drumming and health

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

RigbyT

e-drumming and health

Postby RigbyT » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:30 pm

anyone got any info on good technique for drumming on mesh heads/rubber pads.

i've been reading up on few problems with playing on this medium long term anyone know if its true?

thanks alot chow.

PeterW

mesh and rubber pads

Postby PeterW » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

One thing I have noticed is that it is easy to play harder than normal at shows or when playing with other musicians at an exciting moment in recording. This may have more of an effect on tensing up muscles. Other than that,I wouldn't think it is much different from acoustic drums.

Yoga can do miracles for drumming and many other problems. My wife is a teacher ,and at some point I will get her to post a video of a yoga sequence for drummers.

Peter

RigbyT

Postby RigbyT » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh yeah!!! that will be awesome some yoga vidz...

I was jst reading about like carpel tunnel and a few things. Im not really clued up about it. I heard even guitarists can get it.

But i think it also has alot to do with the way you hit the pad. The problem is that some electric kits are not as bouncy(natural) as a REAL drum, so i think the impact is wat can cause crap. E.g. jogging can be harsher on your joints than swimming.

Yerdipidec

Re: e-drumming and health

Postby Yerdipidec » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:08 am

Wellbeing is a standout amongst other gift for us. We need to deal with this gift in the event that we not look after it, at that point we are in threat and we not become a solid person. In the event that you need to turn into a sound person, at that point you should need to center and do all that which is important to keep up our wellbeing. To see the pattern about it you can check this https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/treatment/how-to-quit-drinking/ site. In the event that you need to actualize this pattern on you, at that point you should need to take about it from here.

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”