Fine tweaking BFD2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Fine tweaking BFD2

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

GoldenFrog

Fine tweaking BFD2

Postby GoldenFrog » Sat May 30, 2009 9:58 pm

(I post this thread in the vdrums.com forum too, but no replies yet)

Hi everyone. I have a Hart Pro Kit, with a TD-20, a CY-15R, and VH-12 Hihats. Maybe someone could help me fine tweak BFD2 (2.1.0 build 41), cause I'm running out of ideas:

1. In the keymapping page, if I map the snare with a variable articulation, so i can use the positional sensing thing, why If i change the articulation curve and the high velocity limits, the response doesn't change a bit? Is this normal?. The same happens with the variables articulation on the hihats.

2. I'm trying to get a better response for the hihats. When i play 8th notes (tip-shank-tip-shank), sometimes it triggers the loudest sample when I hit the HH with the shoulder of the stick. I tried to lower the highest velocity limit of the shank articulation, but since it says "variable", the changes don't make a difference. (See point 1) And when I play fast 16th notes (RLRL) in the closed position, sometimes a hit or two gets choked. I guess there is a problem with the shank articulation.

3. How do I make the BFD2 engine respond faster to the changes of the HH pedal? I play a fast open-close motion, and sometimes it responds well and sometimes not. Sometimes the sound doesn't get closed at the time it should be. I changed the limits between 1/4 and closed position, but it still doesn't work as I want (I only can change it between 91 and 93, or it will start to work weird).

Thanks.

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 am

A common problem is setting the gain structure on the drum module too high. Can you click on the MIDI page and watch the log. It sounds like you might do better by lowering the gain on your td20. I suggest making only the most forceful hits trigger the upper velocity level. I have my DTXtremeIII dialed in to almost never hit a full 127. I aim for 120-124 for the hardest hits. That leaves me a little room to randomize the loudest hit and it helps a great deal with very soft notes!

Give it a look and we'll take it from there.

John

GoldenFrog

Postby GoldenFrog » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi John. Thanks for your reply. Sorry to reply you late, but my HD died, and I had to reinstall all the samples again.

I have a TD-20 Expanded and I don't know if it has that feature of lowering only the upper velocity level. It has a sensitivity parameter that if it's turn down, the whole velocities turn down, leaving the lower velocity too low to play. I saw the midi log in BFD2 and the TD-20, and when I hit the HH with the shoulder of the stick around 1-1/2" of the edge, it hits 127. So I though I could lower the upper velocity inside BFD, but the parameter doesn't change a thing. Is this a bug?

I have the Joe Barresi samples, and I noticed that their HH samples mask the problem, making it sound natural. But when it hits 127 with the BFD2 HH samples, it makes this big jump, and it starts to sounds really annoying. Maybe is because of the way each library was recorded or reacts to the hits...

If you have some advices with my others HH pedal response problems, I would appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Alexomas

Re: Fine tweaking BFD2

Postby Alexomas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:10 am

I will trying to find something here on this page. But in the time when we start to find helping material in that time we get some error which is not good for my best dissertation writing services. So first find better thing for you then start to working on it.

jamessw

Re: Fine tweaking BFD2

Postby jamessw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:34 pm

It's a pretty interesting post. You should try rush essay service now. It will be good for you.

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”