Alesis DM6: Hi hat registers when tom is struck? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Alesis DM6: Hi hat registers when tom is struck?

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

andypowell

Alesis DM6: Hi hat registers when tom is struck?

Postby andypowell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi, Im new to bdf2 and its terminology, i am not a drummer just a budding producer, i have an Alesis dm6 e drum kit, I have loaded up a preset kit from the list and everything works ok apart from sinc on hats, snare ect witch i can deal with, the problem i have is when i hit rack tom number 6 on the Alesis dm6 kit it regesters the hihat on the kit set up hence making the sound of the hihat, i dont know how to change it, can anybody help please, many thanks andy powell.

scgearhart

Postby scgearhart » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Did you ever work this out? I am also having the same type of problem when I hit the hi-hat it triggers the snare, as well as when I hit the crash cymbal, the snare is triggered. Thanks.

Shawn Gearhart

rob_fx (ex-FX)
Left to roam the Cursed Earth

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Guys,

I've moved this to the eDrumming forum.

What does the MIDI event log in BFD2's keymap page say? If BFD2 is receiving two notes from the DM6 hi-hat, and one happens to be mapped in BFD2 to a snare slot, then you'll get this weird behavior.
"I was great engineer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..."

scgearhart

Postby scgearhart » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 pm

There is only a single note on the midi key, it appears that when I strike the cymbal or hi-hat, the snare is picking it up as well.

rob_fx (ex-FX)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Can you clear your keymap and just map the hihat note?

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Sounds like you need to adjust your crosstalk in your ekit.

Rail

scgearhart

Postby scgearhart » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm guessing instructions on how to do that can be found through the manufacturer?

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm

scgearhart wrote:I'm guessing instructions on how to do that can be found through the manufacturer?

Yeah, it would have to be in the Alesis manual

Rail

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:02 pm

So I just took a look at the DM6 manual online and it mentions nothing about adjusting sensitivity or crosstalk... so you'll probably have to check for physical crosstalk on your kit (try moving pieces around so that they're not being physically vibrated when you play adjacent pieces... and make sure you have a solid floor).

Rail

scgearhart

Postby scgearhart » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah, I just did the same. I did rearrange some of the drums, so I'm thinking that may be the issue. Thanks for the replies and I'll let you know what I find out.

rob_fx (ex-FX)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Platinum Samples wrote:Sounds like you need to adjust your crosstalk in your ekit.

Rail

Yeah that's where I was heading, but I just wanted to rule out user error first.

scgearhart

Postby scgearhart » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:03 pm

So I'm still getting some cross talk. It appears that the snare is highly sensitive and picks up sounds from other triggers. Trying to move the pads around to minimize. Wanted to also know, can I import audio files (songs) into BFD2 to practice, running itunes and BFD2 at the same time doesn't work so well. I'm also thinking of changing my drum module to Trigger IO to minimize crosstalk. Thanks for all of your input.

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”