[SOLVED] No grooves since re-install - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

[SOLVED] No grooves since re-install

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

heatwave_radio

[SOLVED] No grooves since re-install

Postby heatwave_radio » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Hello there,

I've been using BFD1 and BFD2 for years, and I recently bought a new computer and installed them on there.
Since I installed it my grooves seem to have disappeared. When I go to the grooves page and select 'load groove', the box that comes up (the one where you can select style/bpm/groove/etc) is empty.

I tried to use the 'load from file' button, which gives me the option of loading either .bfd2grv or .mid files, but all I can find when I search my computer is pallete files (.bfd2pal)

I did search on here and the only thing I could find was a suggestion to use the 'trash and rebuild' option. I tried that but it didn't work.

I also searched for .bfd2grv files in My Computer but it didn't find anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I able to download the groove files from the Fxpansion site, or is there another way that I can get them back?

Many thanks.
Last edited by heatwave_radio on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heatwave_radio

Postby heatwave_radio » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm just posting again to say that my issue is now sorted, thanks to Ryan at Fxpansion. It seems that I must have installed the main program to my system drive, then all of the BFD drum sounds to my samples drive, whereas I should have installed the whole thing to my samples drive.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I'll post in the relevant information from Ryan's email below.

Thank you Ryan!

From Ryan's email....

The Groove data is on DVD1 of the BFD2 disc set. You must be sure that you installed all 5 DVDs to the same location on your audio/sample drive... NOT your system drive. The end result will be a folder named \"BFD2\" and should be around 50GB or so in size.

In the BFD2 Data Preferences page, make sure that this \"BFD2\" data folder is listed as the set data path. You may want to click \"trash and rebuild all databases\" and \"scan data paths for new files\" before testing your Grooves.

Shanates

Re:

Postby Shanates » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 am

No grooves since re-install, You have no option to reintall it, tell what is our next step? And how can we bring change, Does i need to re choose or want to do something https://awriter.org/college-paper-org-review/ which is here for you when you start to take a complete look which show how much it is interested for all.

Return to “BFD2”