People having BFD2 issues please check this first. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

People having BFD2 issues please check this first.

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

gareth_fx

People having BFD2 issues please check this first.

Postby gareth_fx » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:45 am

Hi chaps,

Ok just a little bit of information to any of those experiencing problems.

License Manager related issues:-

Firstly, if you have a firewall, make sure it is turned off.

If the first way of authorising fails try the other 2 methods ("Via web browser", "Via a different computer") next.

It's best to make sure ALL your products are registered FIRST (via the Web site) before attempting to authorize them (in the License Manager).

IF kits/kit pieces do seem to be working or the groove librarian isn't finding grooves then use the "Trash and rebuild all" preferences option in the preferences tab.

Make sure you BFD audio path is shown correctly as well. This has changed in BFD2 to a folder called 'Audio' NOT 'Data'

I think this covers the most obvious start up problems.

Gareth

Platinum Samples

Re: People having BFD2 issues please check this first.

Postby Platinum Samples » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:59 pm

gareth_fx wrote:It's best to make sure ALL your products are registered FIRST (via the Web site) before attempting to authorize them (in the License Manager).

You shouldn't need to do this for our packs.

Rail

lucia

Getting started

Postby lucia » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Great sounds, great product, probably the best and made in great Britain. 4 great reasons to buy BFD and lets face it, to dedicate a vast amount of time and energy in learning how best to use it. So much trial and error, so many late nights of head banging, and arguing with my partner as to why I cant come to bed quite yet. And where just a minute turns into another day and another and another. I am just a song writer looking for some wicked drums to electrify my music. I know BFD can deliver but I have found it such a huge struggle to say the least. When BFD2 was released, including an °easier and intuitive interface°. I just hadto go get it. I am a great fan of BFD1.5 but I recon I was probably only using 5 percent of its potential. When I fired up BFD2 I could see all the wonderful potential there in the mixer, sequencer and those huge kits etc. I am sure I am not the only one with all the gear and no idea. Surely someone there could knock up a quick DVD showing the none engineer how to get started and, then on upward to those dizzy heights we all know BFD can achieve so beautifully. Have you seen the Melodyne Studio tutorial DVD, it covers all the paramaters of the soft ware in an easy to follow way. I am sure you will sell them and Im sure they will help you sell more BFD gear generally. Cant wait to get started with BFD2 and best wishes for the new year.

lucia

Getting started BFD2

Postby lucia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:13 pm

Sounds fantastic, thanks guys for this great upgrade and Im only playing with the preset as I cant seem to access Palette, Grooves, Kit, Mixer etc. They are all empty. Please help. Thanks.

Whatsup

Postby Whatsup » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:12 pm

You said the path has changed. Sumthins wrong with mine I think. Should my expansion packs be inside the data folder? Only 27 kits in the audio folder, shouldnt all the expansion packs be in there as well instead of the data folder? Thanks all...

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Your old BFD 1.x packs should be in their own \BFD data path, the new BFD2 samples should be in a \BFD2 path... for instance, I have a hard drive named "Platinum" and on it I have 2 folders:

Platinum\BFD

and

Platinum\BFD2

In BFD2 I have these paths listed in my Data Paths in the prefs.

Rail

RobC

Auth file not valid after installing more RAM

Postby RobC » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:00 am

Great product but since installing BFD2 I decided to upgrade my RAM - now my original Auth file isn't valid. Is this normal?

RobC

Auth file not valid after installing more RAM

Postby RobC » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:00 am

Great product but since installing BFD2 I decided to upgrade my RAM - now my original Auth file isn't valid. Is this normal?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:10 am

It is at present. You are supposed to be able to upgrade RAM without reauthorizing, but the auth-system is a bit over-sensitive at the moment! If you need more auths, just mail support and they will sort you out.

Hope this helps,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

kevina

Postby kevina » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:32 pm

I've had BFD2 for 2 weeks and can't seem to get it to open. I've loaded and uninstalled about 6 or 7 times now. I've registered the software # on the website, but when the splash screen comes up a sign from Windows says it can't find the entry point data and it indicates a DLL is not available. The very same message happens when I start the license manager. My computer has a partitioned drive. I've loaded the audio data into the large partition due to it's large size, everything else I put into the smaller partition which holds the Program files. This partition also contains the rest of my VST plugins. My splash screen says BFD2 can not find a serial number. I am not real smart about computer stuff, I'm just fortunate (sometimes I think unfortunate) to own one. Any advice?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Kevina - what's your system info there? Are you perhaps running some old version of Windows like 98 or 2000?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

kevina

Postby kevina » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:52 pm

It's Windows XP

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:06 pm

OK, what's the rest of your system info, and what's the _exact_ DLL that's reported as missing?

It may be that you need to install the ".NET Runtime" system update from Microsoft.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

kevina

Postby kevina » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 pm

It's a Pentium (R) CPU 2.80GHz 2.00GB of RAM Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
I hope this is what you're asking about. thanks

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:20 pm

You wrote:-
but when the splash screen comes up a sign from Windows says it can't find the entry point data and it indicates a DLL is not available

I need the *exact* text of that error message!

The .NET Runtime can be download and installed here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Thanks,
Angus.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “BFD2”