People having BFD2 issues please check this first. - Page 12 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

People having BFD2 issues please check this first.

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Strumlord

Re: BFD2 does not remember Data Path

Postby Strumlord » Mon May 06, 2013 12:56 am

Strumlord wrote:
Ok, the only thing I can suggest that might work is to create another folder called fxpansion and place the BFD2 audio folder
into the fxpansion one. My data path is E:\FXpansion\BFD2\Audio, where as yours is F:\Audio\BFD2

I'm assuming that within the BFD2 folder there is another folder called audio?

It's worth giving it a try and I have a feeling that might do it.

Steve

I tried that and it did not work. I'm a fairly computer savvy guy but this one has really stumped me. It's really not that much of an issue because it only takes a minute to get things running as you could see from the videos. But now it has become a mission! :D

I must emerge from the ashes victorious!

All joking aside, I've never struggled to get a program properly installed like I have with this one. I had to uninstall and reinstall it 5 or 6 times to get it running. Maybe during all of those attempts I've left a folder on the drive(s) and BFD2 is simply looking for the wrong folder? I don't know, I'm just throwing something out there now.

I reinstalled BFD2 and I'm good to go now.

nonsqtr

Postby nonsqtr » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello, I'm having BFD2 issues. Started with version 2.1 out of the retail DVD pack. That install seemed to work, more or less, however nothing works in ProTools, whenever I try to bring up BFD, ProTools stop working and it makes me close the program.

Then, I tried updating to the latest-greatest BFD2 version with the separate 64-bit application, and now nothing works at all, even the old BFD doesn't work anymore.

I'm completely mystified. This used to work, I seem to recall that it did... however I've suffered several machine crashes in the meantime and now trying to bring up my ProTools environment again. ProTools seems to work fine as long as I don't use any BFD plug-ins.

It's Windows 7, ProTools 9.1, and I have an Mbox2 and an Axiom-49 v2 USB driver installed.

nonsqtr

Postby nonsqtr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi all - no takers?

I have further information.... in the old (off the shelf store bought) version of BFD 2, after installing it the snares and cymbals sound approximately okay, but all the bass drums sound really weird, not at all like bass drums.

And, ProTools is happy up until the point where it asks me, "where is the default BFD audio folder", at which point it crashes.

Does this set of symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

I would sure appreciate a pointer on which way to go with this. Thanks!

Return to “BFD2”