People having BFD2 issues please check this first. - Page 12 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

People having BFD2 issues please check this first.

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

purtington

Re: Won't open in Cubase 6.5

Postby purtington » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 pm

rjbaked wrote:I recently bought a new computer 10GB of RAM, 1TB. I installed a Cubase 6.5, registered it and downloaded all upgrades. I also ordered a boxed copy of BFD2 and installed all 5 DVDs, registered and downloaded upgrades. But for some reason BFD2 will not open in Cubase. It does not show up as a VST Instrument at all. When I hit the "help" tab and open the set up wizard I change the settings to use Cubase as a host and hit the "do it" tab. It does a quick scan and none of my settings change. Not sure what else to do. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you on windows or mac? If mac I'm sure I have read something about enabling UAC (user account control) but that could be something else. have you searched the forum as I'm sure this has come up elsewhere ?

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Strumlord

BFD2 does not remember Data Path

Postby Strumlord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 am

Hi,
I finally got BFD2 installed and running. But each time that I launch the program, (in both stand alone and plugin modes) I have to rescan the data path as well as trash and rebuild all databases. It doesn't take long to do it and everything seems to work fine afterwards but it's a bit irritating. I searched the forums but did not find any articles related to this problem. Did I drop the ball on the install?

I'm running v2.3.1 build 6 32bit on Win7 home premium 64bit if this helps. Any help is appreciated.

edit: I did install the data to a separate drive per the recommendation in the install guide.

purtington

Re: BFD2 does not remember Data Path

Postby purtington » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 am

Strumlord wrote:Hi,
I finally got BFD2 installed and running. But each time that I launch the program, (in both stand alone and plugin modes) I have to rescan the data path as well as trash and rebuild all databases. It doesn't take long to do it and everything seems to work fine afterwards but it's a bit irritating. I searched the forums but did not find any articles related to this problem. Did I drop the ball on the install?

I'm running v2.3.1 build 6 32bit on Win7 home premium 64bit if this helps. Any help is appreciated.

edit: I did install the data to a separate drive per the recommendation in the install guide.

So you're saying that BFD2 scans it's data paths every time you open it ?
Do you have any expansion packs and is everything licensed ?
There are no missing authorisations ?

I'm trying to remember why it would do this as I'm sure I've read about it happening to other users
but not too sure why.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm

purtington wrote:
Strumlord wrote:Hi,

So you're saying that BFD2 scans it's data paths every time you open it ?
Do you have any expansion packs and is everything licensed ?
There are no missing authorisations ?

I'm trying to remember why it would do this as I'm sure I've read about it happening to other users
but not too sure why.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not saying BFD2 scans it's data paths each time I open it. I'm saying I have to do it myself each time I open it. I purchased the standard BFD2 software and no expansion packs as of yet. I will point out that I did not have this problem until I installed the update. I did get a authorization error for BFDX at that point. I'm not sure what BFDX is but got the error when I updated. I simply removed it from the authorization window at that point because I thought it was for some sort of expansion that I did not purchase.

purtington

Postby purtington » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not saying BFD2 scans it's data paths each time I open it. I'm saying I have to do it myself each time I open it. I purchased the standard BFD2 software and no expansion packs as of yet. I will point out that I did not have this problem until I installed the update. I did get a authorization error for BFDX at that point. I'm not sure what BFDX is but got the error when I updated. I simply removed it from the authorization window at that point because I thought it was for some sort of expansion that I did not purchase.

Ok, so why are you having to rescan, is the audio content missing, kit pieces ?
What's missing that reappears after rescanning ?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Apologies Steve,

The Audio Data is missing every time I start BFD2. So no kits or presets are there until I rescan, and then trash and rebuild the database. Only empty black boxes where they would normally appear.
Thanks

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm

purtington wrote:

Ok, so why are you having to rescan, is the audio content missing, kit pieces ?
What's missing that reappears after rescanning ?

Steve

Apologies Steve,

The Audio Data is missing every time I start BFD2. So no kits or presets are there until I rescan, and then trash and rebuild the database. Only empty black boxes where they would normally appear.
Thanks

purtington

Postby purtington » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Apologies Steve,

Thanks

This sounds like you have something going on with your data paths.
Can you list them as they appear in BFD2 ?

Maybe try removing the data paths, trash & rebuild, then add them again ?

Not sure I've come across this before so maybe someone else can chime in.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:34 am

purtington wrote:
Apologies Steve,

Thanks

This sounds like you have something going on with your data paths.
Can you list them as they appear in BFD2 ?

Maybe try removing the data paths, trash & rebuild, then add them again ?

Not sure I've come across this before so maybe someone else can chime in.

Steve

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Steve. I made two quick videos showing the data path issues I'm having. Here are the links. I hope this helps you or anyone to see if they can put a finger on it. Thanks

http://youtu.be/KHgGDgBiW-U

http://youtu.be/21SjUJeqZxU

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 am

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Steve. I made two quick videos showing the data path issues I'm having. Here are the links. I hope this helps you or anyone to see if they can put a finger on it. Thanks

http://youtu.be/KHgGDgBiW-U

http://youtu.be/21SjUJeqZxU

Ok, the only thing I can suggest that might work is to create another folder called fxpansion and place the BFD2 audio folder
into the fxpansion one. My data path is E:\FXpansion\BFD2\Audio, where as yours is F:\Audio\BFD2

I'm assuming that within the BFD2 folder there is another folder called audio?

It's worth giving it a try and I have a feeling that might do it.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Ok, the only thing I can suggest that might work is to create another folder called fxpansion and place the BFD2 audio folder
into the fxpansion one. My data path is E:\FXpansion\BFD2\Audio, where as yours is F:\Audio\BFD2

Steve

I tried that and it did not work. I'm a fairly computer savvy guy but this one has really stumped me. It's really not that much of an issue because it only takes a minute to get things running as you could see from the videos. But now it has become a mission! :D

I must emerge from the ashes victorious!

All joking aside, I've never struggled to get a program properly installed like I have with this one. I had to uninstall and reinstall it 5 or 6 times to get it running. Maybe during all of those attempts I've left a folder on the drive(s) and BFD2 is simply looking for the wrong folder? I don't know, I'm just throwing something out there now.

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon May 06, 2013 12:56 am

Strumlord wrote:

Steve

I tried that and it did not work. I'm a fairly computer savvy guy but this one has really stumped me. It's really not that much of an issue because it only takes a minute to get things running as you could see from the videos. But now it has become a mission! :D

I must emerge from the ashes victorious!

All joking aside, I've never struggled to get a program properly installed like I have with this one. I had to uninstall and reinstall it 5 or 6 times to get it running. Maybe during all of those attempts I've left a folder on the drive(s) and BFD2 is simply looking for the wrong folder? I don't know, I'm just throwing something out there now.

I reinstalled BFD2 and I'm good to go now.

nonsqtr

Postby nonsqtr » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello, I'm having BFD2 issues. Started with version 2.1 out of the retail DVD pack. That install seemed to work, more or less, however nothing works in ProTools, whenever I try to bring up BFD, ProTools stop working and it makes me close the program.

Then, I tried updating to the latest-greatest BFD2 version with the separate 64-bit application, and now nothing works at all, even the old BFD doesn't work anymore.

I'm completely mystified. This used to work, I seem to recall that it did... however I've suffered several machine crashes in the meantime and now trying to bring up my ProTools environment again. ProTools seems to work fine as long as I don't use any BFD plug-ins.

It's Windows 7, ProTools 9.1, and I have an Mbox2 and an Axiom-49 v2 USB driver installed.

nonsqtr

Postby nonsqtr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi all - no takers?

I have further information.... in the old (off the shelf store bought) version of BFD 2, after installing it the snares and cymbals sound approximately okay, but all the bass drums sound really weird, not at all like bass drums.

And, ProTools is happy up until the point where it asks me, "where is the default BFD audio folder", at which point it crashes.

Does this set of symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

I would sure appreciate a pointer on which way to go with this. Thanks!

Return to “BFD2”