People having BFD2 issues please check this first. - Page 8 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

People having BFD2 issues please check this first.

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

northwestchurch

What are the best settings for???

Postby northwestchurch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 pm

I have a...

Power Mac G5 2.3 Ghz (dual CPU)
4.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.5.7
Cubase SE3 (buffer set at 64, lowest setting for use in live setting)
BFD2 (latest update)
M-Audio Firewire 1814 (sample rate set to 48k)
Roland TD-10
Vdrums

I am experiencing some crackling when I hit the low tom, kick, and snare. Currently, I have BFD2 engine buffers set at 8192 for both stream and Ram. I have 16 bit and load on demand enabled. There are some signs of maybe clipping in the BFD2 mixer but even when I get those signals out of the red, I still get the crackling. I am noticing the heavy CPU1 load on the Cubase CPU meter and the crackling (and note dropout) when it hits red. CPU2 doesn't seem to have any load on it at all. So I am curious if I have everything set up properly?? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Donald Counts
Northwest Foursquare Church

METROGROUP

Postby METROGROUP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I have just upgraded to W7 64 bit with PT8 and using the new PT drivers. All of the plug-ins work except BFD2, it crashes to a blue screen when loaded, both in PT and stand alone. Should I have my clients move to another app. or is there a workaround for this?

shnex

BFD 2 Install fails

Postby shnex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi, I'm having issues installing BFD 2.1 on my iMac.

During my first attempt, I got a message at the end of the install process saying the install had failed, and referring to the log file, which sadly wasn't available to view.

I then attempted to re-run the install from the first disc, only for the installer to crash and quit at about 70%

I then repaired permissions on my Program drive and Rompler drive, restarted (which ran the Filvault), and attempted to run the disc 1 installer for a third time. It crashed again at 70%.

The strange thing is, after the first failed install, I noticed that over 10 gigs of data (10.1 gigs to be exact) have been installed on my rompler drive, which seems to indicate that at least some of the samples and kits have been installed.

Is that the entire Disc 1 content?
Can I move on to the next disc?
If not, how can I overcome this problem?

for info, I run an iMac 2.4Ghz/4 Gig RAM/ OSX 10.4.11 (Tiger), and the version of BFD2 I own is 2.1

Any help welcome!

METROGROUP

Postby METROGROUP » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:20 am

METROGROUP wrote:I have just upgraded to W7 64 bit with PT8 and using the new PT drivers. All of the plug-ins work except BFD2, it crashes to a blue screen when loaded, both in PT and stand alone. Should I have my clients move to another app. or is there a workaround for this?
Well, I played with drivers and settings to death, bottom line is BFD2 is loading and running in Pro Tools on W7 64bit. So I guess it can be done. :)

Griffin

no sound/midi/audio

Postby Griffin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 am

I'm not getting any sound thru my monitors when running BFD2 as a stand alone or through PT. (only get sound as a stand alone using the computers output)

also after I launched BFD2 I lost my MIDI/Audio signal to my MBox 2 pro and Reason, Logic, and PT's

anyone have an Idea????

Griff

shnex

Interesting issue after OS update

Postby shnex » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 am

Hi all,

I'm having a little issue with BFD 2.1
I just updated my IMac from 10.4.11 to 10.5.8 (not clean install, just update), and while BFD 2 is still authorized fine and works standalone, Logic 9's AU Validator crashes when it tries to validate it.

I've managed to validate it manually, and it works fine when loaded onto a channel strip, but Logic 9 tells me I'm using an incompatible plug-in every time I launch it, and has placed the BFD plugin in the "Incompatible" section of my plug-in browser.

It's not a massive issue, since I can still use it, but it's a bit annoying.

Any other reports of such issue?

I tried to look for an update but I believe I already have the latest version (2.1.0 Build 47).

Any idea?

Thanks

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:02 am

Do you have the latest update of Logic?

Rail

shnex

Interesting issue after OS update

Postby shnex » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:47 am

No, I'm still on 9.0, mostly because I've heard bad things about 9.1, and because I don't need the 64 bit features.

Also worth mentioning is that I get the same problem in Logic 7.2.3, which is still installed on my IMac, when it used to validate fine on 10.4.

How strange!

radleylittle

A Rookie Problem

Postby radleylittle » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 am

Hi all,
I have a bit of an amateur problem that I hope there's a reasonably simple solution to.
I've been using BFD2 on my Mac for about a month and only had minor issues with it. I recently decided to buy Evil Drums and because I would barely have enough space to accommodate it all on my hard drive, I also bought an external drive as (I think) was recommended by Platinum Samples.
I removed BFD2 from my main hard drive and tried to install it all on the new external one so both BFD2 and Evil Drums would be in the same location. Now, even though all the files are now on the external, for whatever reason BFD2 still needs to be loaded from the applications folder on the main hard drive and therefore, once I open it, it doesn't load any of the kit pieces because they're on the external. I tried moving the application itself onto the external drive with the rest of the files but it still doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for your time.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:41 am

The BFD application should live on your system drive.. the sample data should be on a dedicated sample drive. Just reinstall the app to your system drive.. in the BFD2 data prefs set the data paths to your BFD2 and BFD data folders. Refer to our FAQ for installing Evil Drums for use with BFD2.

Cheers,

Rail

radleylittle

Postby radleylittle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:52 am

That seemed to do the trick. A million thanks, Rail.

One more question, in the installation F.A.Q. it says:
"You can similarly load the BFD 1.x Program presets and Mixer presets from their respective dialogs, but these will need to be resaved as BFD2 versions." How would I go about doing that?

Thanks once again and sorry for the amateurish cry for help.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:00 am

You may find it easier to just download the BFD2 presets from our site... but that refers to:

In BFD2, in the Load menu, select "Load BFD Preset...", in there is a button "Load BFD1". If you press that you can load a BFD 1.x preset then in BFD2 save the preset.

Cheers,

Rail

radleylittle

Postby radleylittle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 am

My mistake, I tried that and thought it wasn't working because every fader seemed to be in the same position and without any effects added. I guess that's just how they are (?). Thanks again and sorry for turning this BFD post into an EJB one.

Scott_Mac_88@yahoo.com

New iMac user BFD2 has quit unexpectedly

Postby Scott_Mac_88@yahoo.com » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:47 pm

I just bought an iMac and I am not familiar with how they work, I have PT 8 LE and just purchased BFD2 because I liked BFD lite so much. After loading all discs and installing all updates, all that I get when clicking the standalone version is "BFD2 has quit unexpectedly". What is wrong?

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey Scott,

Please make sure you're running the latest version (2.1.0.47) - downloadable from your user area.

Send any crash logs along with comp spec details, etc... to the support team via the support section of this site. They'll be able to get you on track.

:)
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

Return to “BFD2”