The Great BFD2 preset/patch collection thread. - Page 8 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

The Great BFD2 preset/patch collection thread.

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

anthonymunoz

Postby anthonymunoz » Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 am

I am having some trouble loading in presets downloaded from this forum. When I find the BFD2 preset on my hard drive, I am able to load all of the mixer settings, but none of the kit pieces show up. Kit pieces then need to be loaded individually. I do not have any expansion packs and I understand that if I do not have the kits, then they will not load. But I am talking about stock BFD2 kits. Is this normal? Shouldn't they load just as a normal stock BFD2 preset?

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 am

anthonymunoz wrote:I am having some trouble loading in presets downloaded from this forum. When I find the BFD2 preset on my hard drive, I am able to load all of the mixer settings, but none of the kit pieces show up. Kit pieces then need to be loaded individually. I do not have any expansion packs and I understand that if I do not have the kits, then they will not load. But I am talking about stock BFD2 kits. Is this normal? Shouldn't they load just as a normal stock BFD2 preset?

I fear some posted in this thread are for expansion packs :roll: Perhaps some of mine. Sorry.
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

jord

Postby jord » Mon May 25, 2009 12:01 am

Here are some of my fave presets that I set up, both for my music and for some of my clients as well.

A couple of the Pearl type kits were inspired by listening to Peter Criss. Some others were inspired by the late Eric Carr (also of Kiss). Another was inspired by the song Divin' In, by Stephen Curtis Chapman.

The Pearl Rocker preset was used on a client's mix and the OC Rox preset was used on a few of my songs (I Wanna Be, I Don't Stand Alone and I Will Be Waiting - on my iLike page).

These are a just a few of the many that I put together... but, as I said, they are my faves.

Have fun and hope you enjoy them...

jord
Attachments
BFD2Kits.zip
(533.05 KiB) Downloaded 1243 times
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

MIKE1K

Postby MIKE1K » Tue May 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanks for sharing jord! :D

Thunder

Postby Thunder » Wed May 27, 2009 1:09 am

Thanks for the presets Jord. The Kiss Revenge was great. Makes me realize that BFD2 is capable of so much and that I'm only scratching the surface. So many possibilities and so little time. Do you know if there is a way to organize presets other than with the star ratings. It would be great to be able to organize presets into various folders.

Bob

Funkybot

Postby Funkybot » Wed May 27, 2009 4:32 am

Thunder wrote:Thanks for the presets Jord. The Kiss Revenge was great. Makes me realize that BFD2 is capable of so much and that I'm only scratching the surface. So many possibilities and so little time. Do you know if there is a way to organize presets other than with the star ratings. It would be great to be able to organize presets into various folders.

Bob

I use prefixes. So I literally went in and renamed all Jord's presets with a "Jord" prefix. So "Kiss Revenge" became "Jord - Kiss Revenge." I do this with all my own presets as well so that I'm being sure to include the pack it came from. For instance, I might have an "AFJ - Tight Rock" preset and a "JSD - Tight Rock" preset and a "BFD2 - Tight Rock" preset. This way, if I want tight rock, I know what to search for, but if I want to search by pack, I can also search for the expansion pack prefix.

After a while of messing around, this has became the best method I've found for managing presets in BFD2.
Pay no attention to this signature.

rdevries

Postby rdevries » Wed May 27, 2009 8:03 am

thanks for sharing Jord, we could have saved ourselves a lot of bickering :lol:
I like the OC Rox preset. Is it adapted from the Bling Dubby preset or an original?

Rene

jord

Postby jord » Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Who's bickering? :roll:

The processing in the OC Rox preset was done during mixdown of my song, I Don't Stand Alone. I applied everything from scratch on that one as I was listening to the song (over and over ad nauseum :D). Took me about three hours to get it the way I wanted it. Then I found it actually worked nicely with I Wanna Be, with the additional help of my Liquid Mix module for parallel compression. I used the Liquid Mix in this case because the DBX Compressor emulation in it is much faster and responsive and sonically sounded better for the song.

Hope that sheds some light on how that one came to be...

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

humphrey

Postby humphrey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Funkybot wrote:Here's a really tight sounding punchy rock kit using my favorite BFD2 kit pieces. This is a variation of the drum sound I'm using on the album I'm currently mixing. The only difference between this and the album's drum sound is that this has the cymbal direct mics up a bit (the album has them zeroed out for a looser sound), the album sound uses UAD processing on the master drum bus instead of the BFD2 effects, and the album has a CSR reverb channel for the snare (here I opted for no verb). Other than that, this preset has been the starting point for each mix (with some variation based on the song) and has been working for everything I've thrown at it.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

Using a hardrock groove (from Chris Dagley) it reminds me of that Alex Van Halen's "Everybody Wants Some"

btw, your .mp3 instrumental didn't sound too bad either.

whitehouse17

Postby whitehouse17 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Sorry about the dumb question but how do I download these patches? I can't see what I need to click on.

Thanks
-----------------------
BFD2
Logic Pro 7.2.3
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel
10 GB Ram
OS 10.5.4

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:08 pm

whitehouse17 wrote:Sorry about the dumb question but how do I download these patches? I can't see what I need to click on.

Thanks

Download (with the paperclip icon)

:wink: :lol:
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

Mizpah

Postby Mizpah » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:02 am

In reference to downlaoding - it may be due to not being logged in!

whitehouse17

Postby whitehouse17 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:12 am

Thanks ...
-----------------------

BFD2

Logic Pro 7.2.3

2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel

10 GB Ram

OS 10.5.4

jersbox

Foo Fighters - My Hero

Postby jersbox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Has anyone created a BFD2 kit preset that comes close to Dave Grohl's sound in the song My Hero. More specifically the tom sound in that song? Any tips or suggestions such as kit pieces and parameter settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
MacPro 8-Core / 3.0GHz / 6GB Ram / O.S. 10.5.7
Digi 003 / ProTools LE 8.0 / Complete Production Toolkit

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Been listening to a band called Latitudes quite a bit recently; anyway, this one is inspired by their new album - a clear sounding rock kit, with a snappy snare that cuts through; whilst still retaining some ambience to the tail of the snare.

Uses only stock BFD2 kitpieces, so you should be good to just load it up and rock out.

edit: I had to update this preset because of a BFD2 bug. It should be fine now.
Attachments
Platitude.zip
(52.33 KiB) Downloaded 905 times
Last edited by Drew_BFDTeam on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “BFD2”