Double Trigger Problemos - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Double Trigger Problemos

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

sickthink

Double Trigger Problemos

Postby sickthink » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 am

I've been working on a song in ableton, and have made two songs thus far, making a third and haven't encountered a problem until today. The way I use BFD2 in ableton is to make a groove and export the groove midi to a folder on my desktop to then load into ableton's arrangement view. I record the midi being played to form the structures of my songs usually piece by piece, and consisting finally of 7 different grooves, i was ready to move on to the next parts. every once and a while, and definitely while i record, i check to see if the sounds are triggered as i want to, so when I went back to listen to the whole thing today after dinner, during one section the two kicks that i have on my set were being triggered along with the ride. I check the midi and there's only one trigger in the right lane in the right time to trigger the ride. Now I pulled up BFD2 and turned the song tracks off and played the grooves in BFD2 and they were fine. Then i tried making a completely new groove of just the ride to see if it would do it again, and in ableton a groove that should only be triggering the ride is triggering both kicks with it.

On a second note, but this has happened since day one, when i try to export some groove midis usually with some different hihat articualtions, BFD2 always warns me about all the note articulations not being exported, or at least not properly.

Is there any way to fix either of these problems? Thanks a lot for any help anyone can give me!!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:52 am

I have moved your topic to the correct forum (you posted in the BFD forum, not BFD2).

Firstly, you don't have to export midi to the desktop, you can simple drag and drop grooves directly to a midi track in Live.

For the triggering problem, it sounds like you might have the kit pieces linked on the main kit page. Check the manual for details on linking.

For the missing articulation warning, try going to Load keymap and load the BFD2 keymap. Then export again and see if you get the same warning.

Return to “BFD2”