MAC OS X 10.7.2 BFD2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

MAC OS X 10.7.2 BFD2

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

danielgfreeman

MAC OS X 10.7.2 BFD2

Postby danielgfreeman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:16 am

I can not load BFD2 in standalone or in Logic Pro. It just spins and is unresponsive. I have to force close every time.
Anyone else having trouble with BFD2 loading on Lion?

jord

Postby jord » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:42 am

Loads no problems here.

Which version are you running?

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 am

jord wrote:Loads no problems here.

Which version are you running?

jord

BFD2.3.0.31
I recently installed some of the audio content from Logic Studio that I skipped on the initial install, perhaps that has something to do with it? I am planning on uninstalling BFD2 and doing a fresh install and update to current build again (2.3.0.31) to see if that works.

rob_fx (ex-FX)
Left to roam the Cursed Earth

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Try deleting your old BFD2 runtime logs.

~/Library/Logs
"I was great engineer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..."

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Still not working, I will try a complete uninstall and once again a fresh install, perhaps to a different drive than before. I was getting a message from LOGIC PRO 9 stating the BFD2 could not be verified. The standalone just brings up the splash screen and never goes any further, requiring a Force Close each time.

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Ok so i manually uninstalled BFD2 completely from my system, restart.
Install BFD2 from DVDs with sound library going to external 7200rpm FW drive.
Open BFD2.....
Application not responding, force close.
download Install Updater and remove files as per instructions in .txt
Run Install Updater
Open BFD2....
Application not responding, force close.

Anyone have any suggestions?
[/img]
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 1.05.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 1.05.33 PM.png (76.17 KiB) Viewed 5633 times

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:07 am

Still Unable to operate in standalone or in Logic after having been in contact with Tech Support for some time. Anyone with any recommendations? I am a new mac user, but have been using Time Machine regularly. Should I try to revert to a previous date from Time Machine? There was a time when BFD2 was working at least in standalone mode on this machine!

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:25 am

Download the 10.7.2 combo updater from the Apple website and run that... then see if BFD2 starts up okay in Standalone.

If not, manually uninstall BFD2 following the instructions in the update.. then reboot and reinstall -- you may have old resources from an older version on your system

Rail

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:45 am

Platinum Samples wrote:Download the 10.7.2 combo updater from the Apple website and run that... then see if BFD2 starts up okay in Standalone.

If not, manually uninstall BFD2 following the instructions in the update.. then reboot and reinstall -- you may have old resources from an older version on your system

Rail

I have already run that updater once, but Ill give it another shot. I have reinstalled following the instructions in the BFD2 updater 4 times now, to no avail... :(

Im hoping I can get it figured out before this weekend, cause I have some work to do and I miss my BFD!

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:12 am

Ok Downloaded and installed 10.7.2 Combo Updater, again, and of course I still have the same problem. All I am getting is the BFD2 Splash screen and the Apple Rainbow wheel/beachball. Rightclick on app in the dock and of course Application Not Responding...I am going over all the same steps time and time again and nothing is fixing this problem. I hate to keep uninstalling and reinstalling since it keeps not fixing anything.
So to recap
Lion 10.7.2
Fresh Install of BFD2, downloaded latest version 2.3.0.31
Manually remove BFD2 as instructed in the updater
Start BFD2 in Standalone, Application Not Responding
Start LOGIC PRO, BFD2 Not Available!
Last edited by danielgfreeman on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:20 am

Getting Late, thought Id update...
Remove ALL traces of BFD2 and FXpansion from my computer aside from my emails to and from tech support. All other traces are gone. Am installing from Disk 1 now, will run the update to 2.3.0.31 and see where I stand. Having a fresh install from scratch me b what it takes, but I have my doubts. I notice that I am asked to check for updates at the end of Disk 1 which I have been doing. should I run all 5 Disks before I install the update I wonder?

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:45 am

OK so i got the Fist Disk installed and ran the updater to 2.3.0.31, following the instructions in the txt file and I am exactly in the same place I was last week. Attempt to open BFD2 and all I get is the Splash Screen and in never opens or gives an error message or anything. Right click the app in the dock and see it says "Application Not Responding" with and option to force quit. I force quit and I get an Apple Error Report I can send to Apple, which I have copied and will attach here if anyone wants to check it out. It is seriously long winded though.
Ill also attach a screen grab of what I am looking at when i try to open BFD2
The txt file is at the bottom and sorry for the wide picture, Apple Cinema Display is huge!

--EDIT--
I have to take that screen grab down, its making the forum way to wide, sorry, its driving me nuts!
Attachments
Apple BFD2 Report.txt
(348.54 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by danielgfreeman on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am

Make sure you are running an admin account (check accounts in system preferences), repair disk permissions in disk utility (/Applications/Utilities), manually uninstall BFD2 and remnants... runtime logs, etc. Then re-install the latest BFD 2 update for OSX Lion.
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:08 pm

What soundcard are you using? Are you trying to run 32bit standalone or 64bit standalone? Do you have any midi devices plugged into the machine?

What happens if you unplug your soundcard and midi devices, and just try to use the default CoreAudio card in the machine?

danielgfreeman

Postby danielgfreeman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Drew_fx wrote:What soundcard are you using? Are you trying to run 32bit standalone or 64bit standalone? Do you have any midi devices plugged into the machine?

What happens if you unplug your soundcard and midi devices, and just try to use the default CoreAudio card in the machine?

I have tried with and without my Presonus FireStudio Mobile connected. I did make a bit of headroom by deleting my logic and AU cache. After having done this (and remove all traces of FXpansion once again) I rebooted then installed the 2.3.0.31 update again.
Attempt to open BFD2 in standalone... Success!! License Manager working, BFD2 working with CoreAudio only in 64bit

Attempt to load it in Logic... Nothing
Check Verification in AU manager, not verified...
Run Verification... Application not responding after 2 hours, force quit.
Attempt to open BFD2 in standalone once more... Application Not Responding, Force Quit.

I have retried ALL of these steps 5 times and still have been unable to get BFD2 to open again or have AU Manager in Logic Verify it.

When I force Close the BFD2 application and get the Apple Report, it states that the version is "??? 2.3.0.15" every time. I have a screen grab from when the application was open for a brief time on my desktop, which shows 2.3.0.31 on the header (see below)

I hate to say it but I am thinking of Uninstalling LOGIC Studio and then trying BFD2 again from scratch, then Reinstalling LOGIC again, perhaps without the Additional Content Discs.

Any Suggestions to this? I hate going through the pain of trying to remove Logic from my Computer as I really have no idea what all can be deleted and there is no uninstall app.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 6.39.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 6.39.55 AM.png (101.31 KiB) Viewed 5578 times

Return to “BFD2”