BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

FrankydT

Postby FrankydT » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:42 pm

I forgot, CPU, RAM and disk stream on my projects are not overloaded.
Checked with Logic meters, App Tamer, Free Memory, AtMonitor and System Activities.
All is well below the half of my system possibilities

digitalboytn

20 Bit D/L files is a really bad idea ...

Postby digitalboytn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Platinum Samples wrote:The DVD's are still 24 bit and all the expansions play at 24 bit... they just reduced the bit depth to make digital delivery a viable option... You can always order the 24 bit DVD version for an additional cost. BFD2 can play back each at their different resolutions... so your existing data still plays back at 24 bit.

Rail

This is a really bad idea to deliver the samples of their flagship drum product @ 20 bit...

Why bother recording the drums in a world class studio and then turn those pristine sounds into something less than stellar ?

That's not a good move any way you slice and dice it :(

Keep the D/L files 24 bit and FXpansion will retain a little dignity in the process 8)

Drew_BFDTeam

Re: 20 Bit D/L files is a really bad idea ...

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

digitalboytn wrote:
Platinum Samples wrote:The DVD's are still 24 bit and all the expansions play at 24 bit... they just reduced the bit depth to make digital delivery a viable option... You can always order the 24 bit DVD version for an additional cost. BFD2 can play back each at their different resolutions... so your existing data still plays back at 24 bit.

Rail

This is a really bad idea to deliver the samples of their flagship drum product @ 20 bit...

Why bother recording the drums in a world class studio and then turn those pristine sounds into something less than stellar ?

That's not a good move any way you slice and dice it :(

Keep the D/L files 24 bit and FXpansion will retain a little dignity in the process 8)

Honestly, we tested it with many people, and no-one could hear the difference between the raw drum samples at 24bit, and the 20-bit digital download versions. The difference in dynamic range is negligible. The savings in download size were pretty drastic, and we felt it was worth sacrificing that small amount of dynamic range, for faster downloads for our customers.

digitalboytn

Re: 20 Bit D/L files is a really bad idea ...

Postby digitalboytn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 am

Drew_fx wrote: Honestly, we tested it with many people, and no-one could hear the difference between the raw drum samples at 24bit, and the 20-bit digital download versions. The difference in dynamic range is negligible. The savings in download size were pretty drastic, and we felt it was worth sacrificing that small amount of dynamic range, for faster downloads for our customers.

Maybe I was a little harsh but BFD sounds so bloody good - why would you want to drop the bit rate ?

I have been a Toontrack Superior user since the stone age and BFD has knocked me out so much that Superior is sitting by the door and some of the pieces have already left the building...just like Elvis :)

Why am I changing over ?

That's simple...BFD sounds superior and is much more flexible in so many areas...

Please keep the D/L files 24 bit because professional people CAN hear the difference in the resolution :!:

Thanks...I'll get off my little soapbox now :)

albertloo

Re: BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final

Postby albertloo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 am

Drew_fx wrote:Hey guys,

Just to let you know... BFD2.3.0.38 has gone final. This means it is our latest version update, and we recommend all users upgrade, unless you're running Windows XP, Vista, or OSX 10.4 on a PPC mac.

This version will update your metronomes too, so please pay attention when selecting your data-path during the installation process - it should automatically pick it up, but in some cases you may have to specify it manually.

Hi,

Finally, I'm installing the BFD2 DVD version (v2.1.0 build 47), after keeping it for some months, now I've got my external HDD.

I'll like to confirm, the only upgrade I need to do is the BFD2.3.0.38 right ? (and it already takes care of the metronome update).

My download folder also have a 'BFD2 data patch v2.2.2, and I should ignore this ?

I'm on Win 7, 64, Home Premium, with Sonar X1.

Thanks!

Drew_BFDTeam

Re: BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm

albertloo wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:Hey guys,

Just to let you know... BFD2.3.0.38 has gone final. This means it is our latest version update, and we recommend all users upgrade, unless you're running Windows XP, Vista, or OSX 10.4 on a PPC mac.

This version will update your metronomes too, so please pay attention when selecting your data-path during the installation process - it should automatically pick it up, but in some cases you may have to specify it manually.

Hi,

Finally, I'm installing the BFD2 DVD version (v2.1.0 build 47), after keeping it for some months, now I've got my external HDD.

I'll like to confirm, the only upgrade I need to do is the BFD2.3.0.38 right ? (and it already takes care of the metronome update).

My download folder also have a 'BFD2 data patch v2.2.2, and I should ignore this ?

I'm on Win 7, 64, Home Premium, with Sonar X1.

Thanks!

Aye, just 2.3.0.38 for you sir!

34user6

New computer WiNdows 7 64bit

Postby 34user6 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:02 am

I have BFD 2 upgrade I never got around to installing on my aging desktop (it has BFD 1.5. Installed)
I'm finally getting a new laptop (i7 core, 2.2 Ghz, quad) so now I'll have enough horsepower to run the full version of BFD2
How should I go about getting BFD 2 on the new machine?
Do I need to uninstall BFD 1.5 first, then load 1.5 on the new machine, then load BFD 2, the load the update ?
Sorry if it seems a stupid question , I have been out of the game for a while
Thanks

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 am

BFD2 and BFD 1.x can coexist on the same system.. you can keep them both installed for backward session compatibility.

BFD2 does not require that BFD 1.x be installed... for the upgrade make sure to authorize BFD2 using the same login as your BFD 1.x authorization.

Rail

34user6

Installing BFD 2 upgrade

Postby 34user6 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am

I think you might have misunderstood my question
BFD 1.5 is on my old desktop that I am replacing. I have the upgrade to BFD 2 on DVD, still in the box unopened. I want to install BFD 2 on the new laptop I'm getting (now I'll have enough power to run BFD )
I don't want BFD 1.x and BFD 2 on the same machine
My question is: what's the procedure to get BFD 2 on my new laptop?
Thanks again for any help anyone can give me

iyaron

Upgrading BFD2

Postby iyaron » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 am

So what the moderator is saying is that BFD2 v28 is final and we all need to upgrade to that "public beta new version?
itzhak

iyaron

Re: Upgrading BFD2

Postby iyaron » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:54 pm

purtington wrote:
iyaron wrote:So what the moderator is saying is that BFD2 v28 is final and we all need to upgrade to that "public beta new version?
itzhak

I don't know how long a version needs to be available before it comes out of beta but version 2.3.1.6 has been up since September so I'd say it's probably out of beta by now. I've always installed their beta's pretty much at point of release and never had a problem with them so I'd say go for it.

Steve

thank you Steve. My problem is resolved. I had strange results trying to print a drum track into Audio in protools 9.06 . Seems like the newer version that is still classified as public beta did the trick. Fxpantion needs to announce that the public beta has. If you notice they do an upgrade with more features that they state . Fixes of the beta version seem to work on my system that does not have Cubase of metronome or any of the issues they mentioned?
I noticed that with PRo Tools v 9.02 that officially stated that they made some fixes and did not bother to mention that they also included cool midi short cuts etc....
Good Day to you.
ITzhak

Return to “BFD2”