BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

dubcotics

Stand alone doesn t work

Postby dubcotics » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi there,

anybody experiencing it also?

regards,

didier

purtington

Re: Stand alone doesn t work

Postby purtington » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

dubcotics wrote:Hi there,

anybody experiencing it also?

regards,

didier

A little (or a lot even) more information will get you better help and quicker.
Provide ALL your system details, what version of windows.
What version of BFD2 are you running. You say it doesn't work in stand alone, so does this mean it works within
your host? Did the install place a stand alone icon on your desktop and what happens when you click on it.
The devil's in the detail and if you don't provide any then that's where he'll stay

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

dubcotics

Postby dubcotics » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Ok,

since we re talking about the new update, I assumed that it was obvious,

ok my daw then,

core duo 1.8 ghz

2 sata hd 7200 rpm

bdf on drive 2 and it's extensions in one partition

win 7 64 bits

cubase 5 32 bits

scope xite-1 as my musical digital interface

I have installed the update accordingly

I m only using 64 bit stand alone, as my daw is 32 bits

it crashes when trying to set the parametres " open audio preferencies " or " midi preferencies ", no problem with cubase ,

reagrds,

didier

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Good point about about the update.
Is this a new install and if so did you install the 2.2.3 or whatever the one you were supposed to install first?
The only other thing I can think of to ask is is it set to use asio driver mode and do you have the very latest
asio drivers for your sound module. I no nothing about scope exite.
It should have installed both 32bit and 64 bit versions, can you see both versions and if so have you tried opening
the 32 bit version. Have you tried loading it in Cubase?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

FrankydT

Postby FrankydT » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:34 pm

I've a problem with the 2.0.38 AU version on Snow Leopard and Logic Pro
Continuos crashes.
Crash Reporter says definitetly that is BFD2 plugin to cause it.
It happens every 15-20 minutes
Setting the Stream and Ram buffer to max (655036) seems to help a bit, but....
Notice that my OS and software are updated daily
BFD2 is the boxed version, installed correctly with Data folder on a dedicated Internal hard drive (7200 rpm like the other 3)
Since version 2.0.32 this never happened
Logic 9.1.6 crashes like the last version 9.1.7, maybe a little less
Since I purchased it, runned the 2.2.2.3 update, the 2.3.0.32, then 2.0.38

Here are my system Informations:

Computer: Mac Pro 2008 Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz
RAM: 12 Gb
Hard drives: 4 Barracuda hard disks 7200 rpm
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870
Audio Interface: RME Fireface 400 driver 3.0.6 (last)
DAW: Logic Studio 9 (boxed) Logic Pro version 9.1.7, 64 bit

If a log is needed, i'll be happy to send it to you some.
Thank you, bye

FrankydT

Postby FrankydT » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:42 pm

I forgot, CPU, RAM and disk stream on my projects are not overloaded.
Checked with Logic meters, App Tamer, Free Memory, AtMonitor and System Activities.
All is well below the half of my system possibilities

digitalboytn

20 Bit D/L files is a really bad idea ...

Postby digitalboytn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Platinum Samples wrote:The DVD's are still 24 bit and all the expansions play at 24 bit... they just reduced the bit depth to make digital delivery a viable option... You can always order the 24 bit DVD version for an additional cost. BFD2 can play back each at their different resolutions... so your existing data still plays back at 24 bit.

Rail

This is a really bad idea to deliver the samples of their flagship drum product @ 20 bit...

Why bother recording the drums in a world class studio and then turn those pristine sounds into something less than stellar ?

That's not a good move any way you slice and dice it :(

Keep the D/L files 24 bit and FXpansion will retain a little dignity in the process 8)

Drew_fx

Re: 20 Bit D/L files is a really bad idea ...

Postby Drew_fx » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

digitalboytn wrote:
Platinum Samples wrote:The DVD's are still 24 bit and all the expansions play at 24 bit... they just reduced the bit depth to make digital delivery a viable option... You can always order the 24 bit DVD version for an additional cost. BFD2 can play back each at their different resolutions... so your existing data still plays back at 24 bit.

Rail

This is a really bad idea to deliver the samples of their flagship drum product @ 20 bit...

Why bother recording the drums in a world class studio and then turn those pristine sounds into something less than stellar ?

That's not a good move any way you slice and dice it :(

Keep the D/L files 24 bit and FXpansion will retain a little dignity in the process 8)

Honestly, we tested it with many people, and no-one could hear the difference between the raw drum samples at 24bit, and the 20-bit digital download versions. The difference in dynamic range is negligible. The savings in download size were pretty drastic, and we felt it was worth sacrificing that small amount of dynamic range, for faster downloads for our customers.

digitalboytn

Postby digitalboytn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 am

Drew_fx wrote: Honestly, we tested it with many people, and no-one could hear the difference between the raw drum samples at 24bit, and the 20-bit digital download versions. The difference in dynamic range is negligible. The savings in download size were pretty drastic, and we felt it was worth sacrificing that small amount of dynamic range, for faster downloads for our customers.

Maybe I was a little harsh but BFD sounds so bloody good - why would you want to drop the bit rate ?

I have been a Toontrack Superior user since the stone age and BFD has knocked me out so much that Superior is sitting by the door and some of the pieces have already left the building...just like Elvis :)

Why am I changing over ?

That's simple...BFD sounds superior and is much more flexible in so many areas...

Please keep the D/L files 24 bit because professional people CAN hear the difference in the resolution :!:

Thanks...I'll get off my little soapbox now :)

purtington

Postby purtington » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 pm

digitalboytn wrote:
Drew_fx wrote: Honestly, we tested it with many people, and no-one could hear the difference between the raw drum samples at 24bit, and the 20-bit digital download versions. The difference in dynamic range is negligible. The savings in download size were pretty drastic, and we felt it was worth sacrificing that small amount of dynamic range, for faster downloads for our customers.

Maybe I was a little harsh but BFD sounds so bloody good - why would you want to drop the bit rate ?

I have been a Toontrack Superior user since the stone age and BFD has knocked me out so much that Superior is sitting by the door and some of the pieces have already left the building...just like Elvis :)

Why am I changing over ?

That's simple...BFD sounds superior and is much more flexible in so many areas...

Please keep the D/L files 24 bit because professional people CAN hear the difference in the resolution :!:

Thanks...I'll get off my little soapbox now :)

DB, if you order the DVD's they are at 24bit not sure if that's made clear at the point of purchase and if not then perhaps it should be clearer but I believe the download version is also slightly cheaper too.

You're absolutely right about your observations between toontracks inferior though :)
I've been trying to get this through to people on the sonar forum for some time now.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

albertloo

Re: BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final

Postby albertloo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 am

Drew_fx wrote:Hey guys,

Just to let you know... BFD2.3.0.38 has gone final. This means it is our latest version update, and we recommend all users upgrade, unless you're running Windows XP, Vista, or OSX 10.4 on a PPC mac.

This version will update your metronomes too, so please pay attention when selecting your data-path during the installation process - it should automatically pick it up, but in some cases you may have to specify it manually.

Hi,

Finally, I'm installing the BFD2 DVD version (v2.1.0 build 47), after keeping it for some months, now I've got my external HDD.

I'll like to confirm, the only upgrade I need to do is the BFD2.3.0.38 right ? (and it already takes care of the metronome update).

My download folder also have a 'BFD2 data patch v2.2.2, and I should ignore this ?

I'm on Win 7, 64, Home Premium, with Sonar X1.

Thanks!

Drew_fx

Re: BFD2.3.0.38 goes Final

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm

albertloo wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:Hey guys,

Just to let you know... BFD2.3.0.38 has gone final. This means it is our latest version update, and we recommend all users upgrade, unless you're running Windows XP, Vista, or OSX 10.4 on a PPC mac.

This version will update your metronomes too, so please pay attention when selecting your data-path during the installation process - it should automatically pick it up, but in some cases you may have to specify it manually.

Hi,

Finally, I'm installing the BFD2 DVD version (v2.1.0 build 47), after keeping it for some months, now I've got my external HDD.

I'll like to confirm, the only upgrade I need to do is the BFD2.3.0.38 right ? (and it already takes care of the metronome update).

My download folder also have a 'BFD2 data patch v2.2.2, and I should ignore this ?

I'm on Win 7, 64, Home Premium, with Sonar X1.

Thanks!

Aye, just 2.3.0.38 for you sir!

34user6

New computer WiNdows 7 64bit

Postby 34user6 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:02 am

I have BFD 2 upgrade I never got around to installing on my aging desktop (it has BFD 1.5. Installed)
I'm finally getting a new laptop (i7 core, 2.2 Ghz, quad) so now I'll have enough horsepower to run the full version of BFD2
How should I go about getting BFD 2 on the new machine?
Do I need to uninstall BFD 1.5 first, then load 1.5 on the new machine, then load BFD 2, the load the update ?
Sorry if it seems a stupid question , I have been out of the game for a while
Thanks

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 am

BFD2 and BFD 1.x can coexist on the same system.. you can keep them both installed for backward session compatibility.

BFD2 does not require that BFD 1.x be installed... for the upgrade make sure to authorize BFD2 using the same login as your BFD 1.x authorization.

Rail

34user6

Installing BFD 2 upgrade

Postby 34user6 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am

I think you might have misunderstood my question
BFD 1.5 is on my old desktop that I am replacing. I have the upgrade to BFD 2 on DVD, still in the box unopened. I want to install BFD 2 on the new laptop I'm getting (now I'll have enough power to run BFD )
I don't want BFD 1.x and BFD 2 on the same machine
My question is: what's the procedure to get BFD 2 on my new laptop?
Thanks again for any help anyone can give me

Return to “BFD2”