Propellerhead Rack Extensions - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Propellerhead Rack Extensions

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Rattmowe

Propellerhead Rack Extensions

Postby Rattmowe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 pm

1: A question to FXpansion folks: Are there any plans to translate any FXpansion products into the newly announced Rack Extensions format for reason?

I for one, would love to see my favorite synths (DCAM) available in my favorite production environment (Reason 6), and I'd be willing to pay a small upgrade fee (by small I mean maybe £20-£30) for the priviledge.

2: A question to anyone else: Who else would be interested in RE versions of FXpansion products? Please state your interest in this thread.

3: I could see that DCAM synth squad would fit nicely into the Reason environment, but I guess they'd require a big UI overhall. The transmod system might have to be scrapped and re-implimented as a mod matrix or something.

As much as I'd love it, I can't see how BFD2 would fit in there, but, FXpansion are a talented bunch, maybe they'll find a way... comments welcome

That is all

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi,

We're under some degree of NDA about Rack Extensions, but I'll say what I can.

1) We have plans for products, but they won't be a direct translation of existing things. Rather, new things built using existing FXpansion tech but designed from the ground up for the Reason paradigm.

2) Yes, please do! Would love to hear which of our instruments/fx are on your wish list for Reason.

3/4) Indeed, Reason is a different animal to conventional DAWs and a straightforward port would be completely unworkable for a whole variety of reasons. I have huge respect for its design, workflow and feature set, and anything we do would have to fit in to that & take advantage of specific Reason functionality, rather than being a bodged port of something already existing that would never quite feel Reason-y.

Hope this helps,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Del_UK

bfd rack extension

Postby Del_UK » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am

I would like to see bfd drums in the reason rack, imo nothing comes close to bfd that exists in reason drumwise at the moment, rewire is fine but a rack extension would make my reason complete. please please please ! :D 8)

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:27 am

So would we! But it won't be our first offering on the RE platform. We'll see how our initial foray is received & take it from there.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Rattmowe

Postby Rattmowe » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Angus: Many thanks for replying. It's very exciting to here that FXpansion has plans for a rack extension product, I'd love to use DCAM technology in Reason, even moreso if you are making it a whole new instrument rather than a straight port. The analogue modelling technology will bring a whole new sound to compliment and augment Reason's synths. Here's hoping for the crossgrade offer :wink:

Michael1985

Postby Michael1985 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 am

Could you create a sampler with different replay modes as example one without affecting the speed like most samplers?
And a drum machine synth like the new one would be great! :)

KevWestBeats

Postby KevWestBeats » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 am

Giest!! Giest!! and more Giest! This would likely be one of the most popular RE since people have been screaming for Props to include Recycle in the Reason rack for years now. I don't even care about the sequencer just the direct sample slicing auto chop deal and its super accurate. I own Recycle and have for about 10 years but that workflow is killing me. I gotGiest CM in November and I haven't opened Recycle since.

jvanva

Postby jvanva » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I would like to see something geist-like. Mostly it's sequencer with some sample slicing capability, but with the ability to flip the rack and directly trigger other reason devices as well.

Also, maybe a BFD-Lite with its grooves engine and the ability trigger external reason drums along with its own kits.

jvanva

activatedsoundwave

Postby activatedsoundwave » Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

jvanva wrote:I would like to see something geist-like. Mostly it's sequencer with some sample slicing capability, but with the ability to flip the rack and directly trigger other reason devices as well.

Also, maybe a BFD-Lite with its grooves engine and the ability trigger external reason drums along with its own kits.

jvanva

+1 for something similar to geist, it could take advantage of the copy to track for the Reason patten lanes, i cold imagine how awsom and simplified with such actions it could be within Reason.

aj.reynolds

Postby aj.reynolds » Fri May 11, 2012 4:06 pm

i'm pleased FXpansion will be doing RE's. I own Synth Squad and Tremor but don't use them as much as i'd like because i prefer to work in Reason as much as i can. I'll be selling all my plugins as soon as there is something in Reason that can replace them.

I'd like to see Strobe, Amber and Tremor but with more Reason friendly interfaces and modulation.

V0RT3X

Postby V0RT3X » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 pm

*edited* No longer using Reason.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

f0g

Postby f0g » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:33 pm

aj.reynolds wrote: I'll be selling all my plugins as soon as there is something in Reason that can replace them.

I'd like to see Strobe, Amber and Tremor but with more Reason friendly interfaces and modulation.

some really decent plugins will never appear in reason, I find that funny.. say they do a duff version of reason in the future, your lumbered with things you can ONLY use in reason.. I think it's a waste of props time, same as record was.. and NOT updating rewire + recycle properly..

sadly I feel they have lost their way (and yep I own a lot of their products)

V0RT3X

Postby V0RT3X » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 am

f0g wrote:
aj.reynolds wrote: I'll be selling all my plugins as soon as there is something in Reason that can replace them.

some really decent plugins will never appear in reason, I find that funny.. say they do a duff version of reason in the future, your lumbered with things you can ONLY use in reason.. I think it's a waste of props time, same as record was.. and NOT updating rewire + recycle properly..

sadly I feel they have lost their way (and yep I own a lot of their products)

I have decided to sell my reason licence now, I see the rack extensions as more of a great thing for people who work solely in Reason. I however work in Ableton live mostly, and I like my plugins so I am going to sell Reason or trade it instead of rewiring all the time now. I really like the sound of the stuff that Fxpansion has in VST and VSTi format right now, and I really like Geist. I figure that If i get Geist that 80% of my drum needs will be covered, so this means I have no real use for Reasons Kong, Redrum etc. I don't really like the sound of the Reason Synthesizers and I have DCAM synthsquad, UHE Tyrell and Diva for all of my VA synth needs. Also later on at some point I want to buy Komplete so once I get there, I highly doubt I will be needing reason at all anymore because I'll have everything I need already.

I think propellerhead are a great company, and this RE thing will probably end up being pretty amazing once it matures more. Im not really patient enough to wait for RE version to replace my plugins which I already paid for, and anyhow Im convinced as soon as i upgrade I won't need reason any longer.

saturdaysaint

Postby saturdaysaint » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 pm

I hope you guys have more coming! I had to pass on Etch because "filtering" just isn't a big part of my repertoire, but you guys have so many things I'd eat up - the Dynamics stuff, a BFD Eco-esque thing in the vein of "Radical Piano", but most of all DCam. The first company to give Reason users a solid FM synth is going to strike it rich.

I'd love it if companies would release stripped down/minimal but great sounding single oscillator synths and lean on existing Reason devices for filtering, effects, arpeggiation, LFO's, etc. (in other words, have the "patch library" be a bunch of Combinators). In other words - embrace the modular ethos.

Return to “General Discussion”