FXpansion joins ROLI - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FXpansion joins ROLI

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

meedily

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby meedily » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:51 am

Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love

Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 am

CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love

Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 am

meedily wrote:Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(

Without going into details, it's an assumption that Amber 2 was even on the agenda - pre or post Roli! Never say never of course, but our interests were firmly with Strobe2 and Cypher2.

fredmant

Postby fredmant » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 am

I'd love to see Roli build a soft drum head for all us table top wacking / steering wheel thumping / thigh slamming / air jamming wannabe percussionists.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Drew_fx wrote:
CakeAlexS wrote:

I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

Your comment written in Feb.
It's now near Oct 2017, just a few small updates.
Complaints in forums seem endless, people have lost trust for FX expansion.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am

CakeAlexS wrote:.... people have lost trust for FX expansion.

And Roli.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

WHHF54@yahoo.ca

Postby WHHF54@yahoo.ca » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

It now October 2017 It looks like this merger happened over a year ago and when you go to the Roli support site that you get redirected to from the Fxpansion website, and type in FXpansion and press search there are 0 responses. Nothing in a year?? I hope this is not going to continue. As for now I'm not purchasing any new products till I start to see some support on their site. I have over 2,000 BFD kit pieces and am wondering what will happen if Roli continues with zero on there site. The welcome to Roli support site doesn't even mention FXpansion. This is bad news.

try this link for your self it is where you get redirected to when you click on support from the FXpansion website.

https://support.roli.com/

I been using BFD drums since 2005, and so far not impressed with this merger which I only recently discovered. leaves me wondering what the future will be for BFD :?

WiLLi

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm

CakeAlexS wrote:Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

Drew_fx wrote:I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

What utter rubbish. Merry XMAS.

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Two years in and there have been only incremental updates for BFD. What if anything should long time owners of BFD expect from Roli? At least let us know if you have anything in the works.

dannyrichardson

Postby dannyrichardson » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm

This is awesome news! I am a big fan of what ROLI is doing with their controllers. I look forward to seeing the next controller that they put out and wonder if it's going to be integrated with Geist?
Last edited by dannyrichardson on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fenderchris

Postby Fenderchris » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 am

mickgormaley wrote:Two years in and there have been only incremental updates for BFD. What if anything should long time owners of BFD expect from Roli? At least let us know if you have anything in the works.

Well, they have recently released BFD3 v3.3.0.43 and 44 which are full of installation/authorisation bugs and are, in my experience, totally un-usable.

Well done.

I should have stuck with BFD2.
Nuendo 8.1.10 64-bit and Nuendo 10.2.0 64-bit, Windows-10 64-bit, i7 Quad core 2.67Ghz, 24GB Ram, Roland V-Drum TD-20X, BFD2 64-bit, BFD3 64-bit.
RME UFX

lagavulin16

Postby lagavulin16 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Any update on Amber2? I will buy it the day it comes out, pre-pay, beta test, you name it!

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Over three years into Roli takeover of Fxpansion and not one significant update to BFD. Shameful.They can't even get it running on Catalina after working on it for 4 months. Give it back to someone who cares about BFD and its loyal user base.

Mr Arkadin

Postby Mr Arkadin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:59 am

Have to agree with mickgormaley on this. OK maybe updates take time, but BFD just seems dead. Look at the Russian spam just above my reply ffs.

Looking at reviews from the era the gap between BFD2 to BFD3 was late 2007 to late 2013, so about 6 years.

What updates are needed you ask? How about a better Groove area for a start - I find it confusing and not particularly user friendly. How about resizable GUI? How about being able to use other VST effects as inserts in place of the stock ones? How about being able to sort the meta data so that when you use the filter to find a kit it actually does, rather than putting loads of kit pieces in 'Unknown' (better yet, sort the software so this doesn't happen). There's plenty of scope for improvement.

For my money what they really need to update though are the older expansions and the installers. Some of those kits are all over the place, the presets and grooves and other data just some to be all over my computer for no good reason. 8-Bit Kit is terrible for this. Update all the grooves to the current format. A simplified installation and unified expansions would go a long way to making it seem that this product is still current. Unify the naming, don't have a kit as Oak Custom and label it YOK, Signature Snares as YTS, etc. Make them meaningful.

As it is fxpansion feels dead. I see the other drum VST Instruments being mentioned in recommendation threads on music sites. No-one recommends BFD3, I know I don't as I would feel guilty if someone spent money on what may be a dead product. I've even looked at the alternatives myself as I'm not convinced about its longevity.

Return to “General Discussion”