Forum

FXpansion Forum

Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

markbiiv

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby markbiiv » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:49 pm

hi steve, i just purchased 2 expanders for geist 2 but after download they are not appearing in geist. am using osx 10.13.1 any ideas

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:44 pm

SebastianZetin wrote:I tried doing this and made the folder exactly as instructed and every time i entered a line in terminal, it said "no such file or directory" i dont know what to do. I was able to get the bfd 3 core library installed via the licensing app, is there a way to get the evil drums and classic drums to install through that app? or what advice does anyone have for me?

markbiiv wrote:hi steve, i just purchased 2 expanders for geist 2 but after download they are not appearing in geist. am using osx 10.13.1 any ideas

Hi both, please get in touch with our support team who will be able to assist with any installation issues you're still experiencing.

riyaduggal

Postby riyaduggal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Hey,
I have MacOS Sierra and tried installing the Berklee version of Strobe2. Didn't happen till I followed the instructions on this forum. Just letting y'all know.

EDIT- spoke too soon. The install script is missing and hence it's not installing

EDIT2- Found the .fis file. Completed installation but app is nowhere to be found.
I give up.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:43 pm

riyaduggal wrote:Hey,
I have MacOS Sierra and tried installing the Berklee version of Strobe2. Didn't happen till I followed the instructions on this forum. Just letting y'all know.

EDIT- spoke too soon. The install script is missing and hence it's not installing

EDIT2- Found the .fis file. Completed installation but app is nowhere to be found.
I give up.

Hey, please contact support who will help to resolve the issue.

musicismath

Postby musicismath » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:25 pm

I've just attempted to install BFD2 on my mac running Sierra 10.12
Downloaded the files from the fxpansion website, done the bit in terminal but still unable to install it.
Error is something to do with install script fls?

damongrant@mac.com

Postby damongrant@mac.com » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi

I have recently upgraded my mac to a 2017 iMac 5K 27-inch, running High Sierra 10.13. Have also upgraded my version of Logic to the latest version of Logic Pro X. I can't see how to get BFD ECO to install within Logic. Can't seem to get the "Component File" from anywhere that needs to be in the Plugins folder in my library. BFD ECO opens fine as a stand alone, but I need to run it as an AU plugin within Logic.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Damon

joeiadanza

Postby joeiadanza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm

This fix just worked for me with trying to install Andy Johns Classic Drums on Sierra with BFD3. Just make sure you create the fxdownloads folder and then add all of the separate "Classic Drums Installer" folders (all 6 of them) as subfolders in the fxdownloads folder. if you don't, you'll have to re-run the terminal script (xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine fxdownloads) again each time you add a new folder.

stefan.wruck@gmail.com

Postby stefan.wruck@gmail.com » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 am

BFD3 Core Library DataPatch_1.0.0.1

Doesn't work. :(

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:13 pm

stefan.wruck@gmail.com wrote:BFD3 Core Library DataPatch_1.0.0.1

Hi Stefan, you shouldn't require this for the latest version of BFD3 and the BFD3 Core Library download - feel free to disregard this file, ensuring that you download the .fxdownload ticket from the bottom of the BFD3 downloads page in your account. Please get in touch with our support team if you experience any further issues.

bardaxx

Postby bardaxx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 am

Hello guys
when I try to install maul or tremor i have this message from installer

Unable to automatically locate the InstallScript.
This file should normally be located in
CWD/Installer/InstallScript.fis
Please find the file required.

what I have to do?

macOs 10.13.3 (17D47)

Artlessbugbear

Postby Artlessbugbear » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 am

by Lawrence_fx » 26 Jan 2018 17:13

stefan.wruck@gmail.com..... wrote:

Hi Stefan, you shouldn't require this for the latest version of BFD3 and the BFD3 Core Library download - feel free to disregard this file, ensuring that you download the .fxdownload ticket from the bottom of the BFD3 downloads page in your account. Please get in touch with our support team if you experience any further issues.

Hi Lawrence,

I'm performing a clean install now of the BFD3 Core Library. Are you saying that the Core Library DataPatch_1.0.0.1 is no longer necessary as long as the most current .fxdownload ticket is used? - please confirm. Thanks!

The .fxdownload ticket I downloaded has an MD5 hash = 519cb1ef0a0fd9c5cc6bebe05e99c6b6.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 am

Artlessbugbear wrote:
by Lawrence_fx » 26 Jan 2018 17:13

stefan.wruck@gmail.com...... wrote:

Hi Lawrence,

I'm performing a clean install now of the BFD3 Core Library. Are you saying that the Core Library DataPatch_1.0.0.1 is no longer necessary as long as the most current .fxdownload ticket is used? - please confirm. Thanks!

The .fxdownload ticket I downloaded has an MD5 hash = 519cb1ef0a0fd9c5cc6bebe05e99c6b6.

Yes, so long as you've downloaded the .fxdownload ticket from the bottom of the BFD3 downloads page, opening this file should initiate the download of the BFD3 Core Library installer in License Manager, the progress of which you can track in the Downloads tab. Once the download has completed, please launch the installer file that is created, and you'll be able to install the content successfully.

mark beling

Postby mark beling » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi folks at Fxspansion...trying to load BFD 2 Data , also get the >fis error.....Why havent you guys got this issue sorted yet?

Thank You

Regards
Mark

martintolley

Postby martintolley » Mon May 21, 2018 3:30 am

This topic is so much helpful topic.Thanks admin to giving this topic.And also thanks other users run 3

Return to “General Discussion”