Forum

FXpansion Forum

Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

zfunkman
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:20 am

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby zfunkman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm wondering why, when I recently e-mailed FXpansion tech support that I was having this EXACT ISSUE they didn't direct me to THIS! Instead, they got back with me two days later with nothing but an OLD video and instructed me to follow the instructions on my Download page (which were 100% wrong). I've been trying for WEEK with the help from Sweetwater Tech support and I still do not have BFD3 on my computer! Sweetwater doesn't even know about this! WTF? Macs with OS Sierra are really common; THIS "FIX" NEEDS TO BE UP FRONT AND KNOWN TO ALL MAC USERS!. . . if it actually works. FYI . . . FXpansion tech support doesn't actually get back with you if you have a question.

petterisariola
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 am

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby petterisariola » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:28 am

Yea that workaround worked like a charm!

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:07 pm

zfunkman wrote:I'm wondering why, when I recently e-mailed FXpansion tech support that I was having this EXACT ISSUE they didn't direct me to THIS! Instead, they got back with me two days later with nothing but an OLD video and instructed me to follow the instructions on my Download page (which were 100% wrong). I've been trying for WEEK with the help from Sweetwater Tech support and I still do not have BFD3 on my computer! Sweetwater doesn't even know about this! WTF? Macs with OS Sierra are really common; THIS "FIX" NEEDS TO BE UP FRONT AND KNOWN TO ALL MAC USERS!. . . if it actually works. FYI . . . FXpansion tech support doesn't actually get back with you if you have a question.


Hi, have you been able to install BFD3 successfully using this workaround? You should have been provided with an Enable Sierra app from support; if you're still experiencing installation problems please do get in touch with tech support again and they will be able to help.

michaeltn86
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby michaeltn86 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 pm

I was able to install, but the rock tambourine didn't install, only the Carroll tambourine. How can I install them?

Is there any expansion with more tambourines available? thanks in advance

Drew_fx
Posts: 3828
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby Drew_fx » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:46 am

Heya - all our installers should be Sierra compatible now. If you find a product that doesn't work, please post here and I can take a look. The Rock Tambourine was fixed on Tuesday, so try downloading it again if you downloaded it beforehand.

michaeltn86
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby michaeltn86 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:26 pm

hi, thanks for ur reply. where are the new installers available? in my account, the downloads available date from 2016 or before that. if all installers are updated, please let me know and I'll reinstall all again.

thanks

Trojancobbler
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:25 am

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby Trojancobbler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:45 pm

The Strobe2 installer (downloaded today, Jan 27) was giving me the same problem some people here referred to : saying it couldn't find a .fis file to proceed. So that problem does not appear to be resolved.

However,
Markthefart's workaround with "show package contents" on the installer and then run the script inside the installer worked for me, for which i am thankful.

JohnThePilgrim
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby JohnThePilgrim » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:43 am

Where the heck are these new Sierra compatible installers?

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:22 pm

JohnTheMigrant wrote:Where the heck are these new Sierra compatible installers?


Hi, the vast majority of installers have now been updated to ensure compatibility with MacOS Sierra. Please try re-downloading any installers you're experiencing problems with, as they should now run successfully - updated installers will contain the word 'signed' in their filename.

Please let us know of any installers you're still having trouble with.

ChrisThake25
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby ChrisThake25 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:24 pm

The installers still give the .fls error and there is no difference I am afraid.

macOS 10.12.3 (standalone tests)

I have had issue with the products since the beginning:

The FXpansion License Manager has never shown my correct plugin version and always tells me there are updates.
I understand you guys have lots going on, but these applications have been problematic since I got them 3 years ago.

Each time, I check here there are apparent fixes, yet I have had a License Manager shows incorrect info since the first time I installed it.

So I am afraid this issue is not resolved.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, just you guys make amazing products, but they suffer from incorrect versioning and license manager issues.

I know you guys are working hard though, so not a dig, just highlighting the issues :(

Drew_fx
Posts: 3828
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby Drew_fx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:41 pm

ChrisThake25 wrote:The installers still give the .fls error and there is no difference I am afraid.

macOS 10.12.3 (standalone tests)

I have had issue with the products since the beginning:

The FXpansion License Manager has never shown my correct plugin version and always tells me there are updates.
I understand you guys have lots going on, but these applications have been problematic since I got them 3 years ago.

Each time, I check here there are apparent fixes, yet I have had a License Manager shows incorrect info since the first time I installed it.

So I am afraid this issue is not resolved.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, just you guys make amazing products, but they suffer from incorrect versioning and license manager issues.

I know you guys are working hard though, so not a dig, just highlighting the issues :(


Hey Chris,

Which products are you seeing this version issue with, and which products are you seeing the FIS error with? I've fixed most everything, but there might be a few stragglers. Let me know and I'll investigate.

memphistrain
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:23 am

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby memphistrain » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

Hi,

I am having issues installing BFD2_2_3_1_6 download on Sierra, still getting the missing Script.fis. I have tried the work around and that does not work either.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Lawrence_fx
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am

memphistrain wrote:Hi,

I am having issues installing BFD2_2_3_1_6 download on Sierra, still getting the missing Script.fis. I have tried the work around and that does not work either.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks


Hi, please run the BFD2_2_3_1_6_Update.dmg file, right-click the BFD2 installer file and head to Show Package Contents. Then go to Contents -> MacOS and double-click the FXpansionInstallSystem file. Then enter your system password and the installer will run successfully.

sheltonsummons
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 4:07 am

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby sheltonsummons » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:22 am

The installers for BFD Imperial Drums don't work. Click on the dmg triggers a "warning": Image : BFD Imperial Drums Reason: image not recognized...

peterdines
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby peterdines » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 pm

The installer for the Geist 2 demo doesn't work, with or without the workaround. I'd like to try the demo while the upgrade sale price is in effect.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests