Forum

FXpansion Forum

Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

Talkvand

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby Talkvand » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

peterdines wrote:The installer for the Geist 2 demo doesn't work, with or without the workaround. I'd like to try the demo while the upgrade sale price is in effect.

Same Here!
I have tried the demo five month ago or something but it was quite buggy at the time so I decided to not update.
The 50% offer as kept my attention, and I would be happy to try the latest version et buy the update if it works nicely in my Cubase 9 :)

mcanavan

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby mcanavan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Heya - all our installers should be Sierra compatible now. If you find a product that doesn't work, please post here and I can take a look.

A day to go on the update price, installer does not work, get this Alert!
Unable to automatically locate the InstallScript.
This file should normally be located in
CWD/Installer/InstallScript.fis
Please find the file required.

Looks like I'm not upgrading after all. :(

mcanavan

Postby mcanavan » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 am

So, once again the installer is hosed on Sierra 10.12.4

I can get around the issue in my last post by going to the installer, Show Package Contents, then navigating to the FXpansion installer.
This doesn't happen with other installers on Sierra, FXPansion get your Sh*t together.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue May 02, 2017 10:13 am

mcanavan wrote:So, once again the installer is hosed on Sierra 10.12.4

I can get around the issue in my last post by going to the installer, Show Package Contents, then navigating to the FXpansion installer.
This doesn't happen with other installers on Sierra, FXPansion get your Sh*t together.

Hi there, which product are you experiencing these installation issues with?

michaeltn86

Postby michaeltn86 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:36 am

I did a fresh reinstall yesterday with my Mac Sierra latest version. I already downloaded 40 GB pack over 4 times. there's a problem with BFD3_Core_Library_OSX.app

plz fix it.

when I open BFD3 only exclamation marks like these !!!! (above all drums, like snare, toms, kicks, etc) appear, and no sound

this is the most difficult software to install (when I bought it, it also happened the same thing)... will try again with the old turnaround, but it's astonishing that it's still not easy to install. or it could also be me haha

thanks

Michael

michaeltn86

Postby michaeltn86 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:56 am

the workaround also didn't work.....

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri May 05, 2017 8:34 am

michaeltn86 wrote:I did a fresh reinstall yesterday with my Mac Sierra latest version. I already downloaded 40 GB pack over 4 times. there's a problem with BFD3_Core_Library_OSX.app

plz fix it.

when I open BFD3 only exclamation marks like these !!!! (above all drums, like snare, toms, kicks, etc) appear, and no sound

this is the most difficult software to install (when I bought it, it also happened the same thing)... will try again with the old turnaround, but it's astonishing that it's still not easy to install. or it could also be me haha

thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

The exclamation marks you see indicate that the BFD3 Core Library is not being located successfully by BFD3, either due to the installation location not being specified in the BFD3 Content Locations, or because the installer has not been run successfully. When you run the BFD3_Core_Library_OSX.app file, do you get the missing .fis file error message? If so, try the following:

Right-click the BFD3_Core_Library_OSX.app file and head to Show Package Contents. Then go to Contents -> MacOS and double-click the FXpansionInstallSystem file. Then enter your system password and the installer should run successfully.

michaeltn86

Postby michaeltn86 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi Lawrence, it did work this time (only had time to check it again today). I had tried it before (by reading this forum, an user also suggested that) but it didn't work. Not sure why, once it download a 70 gb, it did work.

this is just my opinion, but I wonder how many people gave up on buying or trying bfd3 due to installation (I remember giving up once). And, if there are still steps to do, the "problem" is not "resolved" in my understanding.

I also remember having troubles in my first installation and it was a huge relief to have it installed. after all, 40 gb (or 70 gb) is not a quick task.

I do think that BFD3 still sounds better than ur competitors, but, well, problems and annoyances nobody wants to deal certainly affects ur product and the relationship ur customers have with it.

thanks for reaching out though. I appreciate it.

michaeltn86

Postby michaeltn86 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:39 pm

btw, an updated key map would also be very welcome on my part (I use Logic Pro x). thanks

RT2

Postby RT2 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:12 am

Bittersweet to find this forum post.

I've had BFD since v2 came out and have had to reinstall 3-4 times since buying a BFD3 upgrade and moving onto newer workstations over the years. Other than the first install, 100% of subsequent ones have been a major PITA.

So here I learn after banging my head on a Sierra install attempt with anti-virus, firewalls and vpn turned off in an admin account that it's "normal" for us to have hosed installs; intermittently since October 2016. You'd think if a developer slacked off on their installers they'd at least put workaround caveats in their install docs rather than send customers on a hunt through support forums.

After one more attempt at solving this issue, I'll begin trying to figure out why any packs I ever bought (two at most) no longer show up in my downloads. Hurting for sales these days folks?

If this terminal procedure doesn't work for install, my longstanding relationship with FXSpansion will also be, well - terminal.

Ryan Thompson
www.giantsteps.us

:(

RalleHofi

Postby RalleHofi » Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Ok - I'm german - but not blonde. But this installation procedure is by far the worst was ever involved with within 52 years.
Honestly - BFD Eco Demo went fine on Logic X Pro.... Sounds were great and was looking for more. But since 3 days I try to install this f.... how many GB ever data. Not far away from erasing all .... shit on the money

WillSaenz

Postby WillSaenz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 am

I tried installing BFD2 Audio Content and encountered the script problem with Sierra.

My first attempt and many attempts after that at trying to run the work around script suggested above didn't work because I had already tried giving download permissions through the security settings. I deleted those files and re-downloaded the files and followed the steps suggested without trying to tamper with anything.

It worked!

Made a folder on my desktop called 'fxdownloads'
Copied the downloaded files in there.

Then in terminal put this in:

cd Desktop
xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine fxdownloads

(Cut and paste the first line and hit enter
then cut and paste the second line and hit enter.)

Ran the installer and it worked!

Hope this helps someone that encountered the same issue as me.

Broadpath

Postby Broadpath » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:33 pm

Greetings,

I just (10/8/17) tried to install Virtually Erskine. License manger claims I did not install properly and that I should reinstall. Did so several times to no avail. BFD3 knows I have it, acknowledges the paths, boxes checked but displays a little license box. The icons for the packages also display in BFD but if I attempt to load a kit it can't find the pieces - guess 'cause technically, I'm not supposed to have them,

I installed to an external SSD. I also tried installing to the internal drive with intent to move later if it worked but it didn't - same error. I don't think the problem is mine as I followed everything to the letter - and, the paths are recognized.

For whatever else it's worth, I'm on Mac OSX El Capitan.

Would appreciate any and all insights. I have a ticket into Roli Support which now handles BFD support, and with whom I didn't have great response (ready any) in the past when I needed them.

Many thanks in advance!

Onlyzen

Postby Onlyzen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 am

If you failed to download macOS Sierra 10.12.2 by the above offered guide, or get stuck with error message "An error has occurred", just follow below tips to fix it now:
Open Launchpad > Delete "Install macOS Sierra" file with a question mark on it .Reboot Mac and retry to download a new macOS Sierra update 10.12.2: Click Apple Menu > Select App Store > Click Update next to macOS Sierra in the Update section.

SebastianZetin

Postby SebastianZetin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 am

I tried doing this and made the folder exactly as instructed and every time i entered a line in terminal, it said "no such file or directory" i dont know what to do. I was able to get the bfd 3 core library installed via the licensing app, is there a way to get the evil drums and classic drums to install through that app? or what advice does anyone have for me?

Return to “General Discussion”