Possible NKS support? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Possible NKS support?

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

ryken75

Possible NKS support?

Postby ryken75 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Any plans for Fxpansion to support Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) in future software updates? I think it would a nice feature especially for DCam users. 1 vote!

Tobypearce

Postby Tobypearce » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:42 am

Yes, NKS support would be fantastic.

It would make me upgrade to Strobe 2.

Being able to use Geist 2 with Maschine, with a mapping system created by fxpansion yourselves would also be fantastic.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:22 am

Do either of you have a link outlining the standard?

Honestly I'm not entirely happy about a plug-in vendor releasing new standards without (as far as I'm aware) any discussion on the various developer mailing lists & expecting everyone to adopt them -- reminiscent of Microsoft in the bad old days -- but if it has technical merit & doesn't unduly stack the deck, am happy to take a look.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Tobypearce

Postby Tobypearce » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Angus,

I can understand what you say - it must be frustrating with different companies making new standards without consulting, and expecting others simply to follow.

Still: there's an industry-wide challenge to make midi control more usable, and a variety of solutions being tested (Roland are another, of course, who are trying something different). NI's implementation is the best I've seen so far, especially because it's you who would be designing the mapping. This seems far better than AKAI's Advance system, where they simply make it up themselves.

I'd rather fxpansion decided!

Here's a video showing the integration https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... es/videos/

I'm not sure where the actual developer kit is on their website, but there are many smaller companies making their stuff compatible so I'm sure it would be possible to make contact.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... eries/nks/

hantaan

Re: Possible NKS support?

Postby hantaan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

Now, a few months later, are there any plans for nks support of fxpansion products (especially bfd3, in my case)?
It would be really great for users of the Komplete Kontrol keyboards for browsing, previewing and using bfd3 with different light guide colors for different drum elements...

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”