GUI - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

GUI

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

ozancolakoglu

GUI

Postby ozancolakoglu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am

Hi
Bought the synthsquad and all I can say is wow! It sounds like programming a high quality hardware analog synth. I have not heard any other soft synth giving me the feeling this much. My only wish would be an option for a bigger GUI. I use a 30 inch Apple and it's a little hard on the eye from a distance. Especially Cypher which could also use a better distinction for the eye between modules. (Maybe darker borderlines and bolder and bigger name of the modules like WAVE FILTER etc) It takes time to realize which part is what when you look at it.
Other than that thanks for an amazing package of synths. It was well worth the wait : )

Best Regards
Ozan

Andrew Capon

Postby Andrew Capon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi,

Are you on OS X?

How about CTRL and mouse wheel to zoom in, any help?
Cheers

Andy

ozancolakoglu

Postby ozancolakoglu » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 am

yeah currently that's what I do for hard to see plugins : )

oz

killiun55

Postby killiun55 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:56 am

Yes please, larger gui. Right now its to small for large monitors.

DANGER

Postby DANGER » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 am

I guess it's because they wanted to be useful on 13" laptops too...

Steve_FX

Postby Steve_FX » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 am

DANGER wrote:I guess it's because they wanted to be useful on 13" laptops too...

Yes, we had many discussions about this internally. Our key drivers were that we really wanted to have all the controls for each synth (Fusor aside) on one page so you don't have to spend loads of time page-swapping to program them and we wanted it to be usable at the minimum screen resolutions of both 1440x900 and 1280x1024 (removing docks/taskbars etc.) which meant we had to design for the minimum 1280x900 and still not be a screen hog! It would have required significant additional cost to have multiple sets of graphics for different resolutions.

Let me add, I'll be the first to say I wish the text were a little larger, but hopefully you can understand at least our intentions! Hopefully we'll be able to refine things as time goes on.
Steve @ FXpansion

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”