DCAM2 suggestions? - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

DCAM2 suggestions?

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

dagon21

Postby dagon21 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:07 am

[quote="evanclay"]Maceasy,
dagon21,
I believe the first thing mayur_FX said was "dragon21 - thanks for the feedback"
quote]

Sorry about that, I think I flew right by it. I've had some bad run-ins with reps and company people in the past. Most good, but those few can jade you pretty quick. Sorry again, my bad mayur_FX.

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 am

evanclay wrote:
Drew_fx,
I agree with you 100%. Transmod is so easy and fun to use for me. So much so, in fact, that I can't even use others synths because their modulation systems seem slow and cumbersome in comparison.

Adding my voice to the chorus singing TransMod's praise.

I love the Transmod system and going back to anything else feels awkward. Especially Mod Matrix systems - they should be banished once and for all.

What can be improved though is the highlight colour/intensity (on the pot top surface) which shows that a pot has a parameter assigned to it - this can be stronger.

Rimby

Postby Rimby » Mon May 07, 2012 2:19 am

maceasy wrote:One thing I would really like is rating system for patches, or tagging of some sort, so that I can quickly build a list of favourite presets after scrolling through loads. Omnisphere has one - seems you are close with your patch browser, just add some refinements? Cheers

Huge +1 to this

peterdines

Postby peterdines » Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 am

Yeah, +1 for a rating or tagging system from me too. That's my only complaint about Synth Squad - these are godly synths in every other respect. Love the transmod system.

etto

Postby etto » Sat May 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Rimby wrote:
maceasy wrote:One thing I would really like is rating system for patches, or tagging of some sort, so that I can quickly build a list of favourite presets after scrolling through loads. Omnisphere has one - seems you are close with your patch browser, just add some refinements? Cheers

Huge +1 to this

Another +1 here.
Everytime I switch from Omnisphere to DCAM and I open the browser I spend the first minute searching for the stars :shock:
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks
MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

peterklingelhofer

Postby peterklingelhofer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 pm

I would love some way sort of indicator of what is being modulated like Massive has, so I don't have to mouse over each transmod to see "what's up". Also... it looks cool with the colored circles around the knobs!

Sorry I know everyone is raving about Massive and DCAM DEFINITELY isn't Massive... but it'd be nice and would help me personally keep track of things and them organized.

EDIT: That and/or additionally: it would be neat to have some sort of indicator as to what modulation is occurring in realtime, such as a little dot going around the knob. Might be really helpful!

DANGER

Postby DANGER » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 am

peterklingelhofer wrote:I would love some way sort of indicator of what is being modulated like Massive has, so I don't have to mouse over each transmod to see "what's up". Also... it looks cool with the colored circles around the knobs!

But don't forget, there is a limit of 2 of connected modulator in Massive, where in DCAM the only limit is the number of transmods, so how would you display when 6 things modulate 1 knob?

etto

Postby etto » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:51 am

I agree and I can say that Etch is a neat example of what they can do in this direction; very simple and clear interface.
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks

MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

DANGER

Postby DANGER » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:52 am

etto wrote:I agree and I can say that Etch is a neat example of what they can do in this direction; very simple and clear interface.

Yes, thats better, but he wants to avoid the mouseovers.

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

DANGER wrote:
peterklingelhofer wrote:I would love some way sort of indicator of what is being modulated like Massive has, so I don't have to mouse over each transmod to see "what's up". Also... it looks cool with the colored circles around the knobs!

But don't forget, there is a limit of 2 of connected modulator in Massive, where in DCAM the only limit is the number of transmods, so how would you display when 6 things modulate 1 knob?

Nevertheless, it would still be useful to see some indication of what knob/slider is modulated. It would be good to have it as an option, so that I could click the "show modulation" button and I'd see a blue (for example) colour around the modulated knob/slider. Light blue for one transmod modulating the given parameter and a darker blue to signfy that more than one transmods are being used on that particular parameter. Just an example.

Personally, I'm used to quickly sweeping across teh transmods to see what is assigned where. It's quick enough for me.

EDIT: That and/or additionally: it would be neat to have some sort of indicator as to what modulation is occurring in realtime, such as a little dot going around the knob. Might be really helpful!

Interestingly, Tremor has that.

peterklingelhofer

Postby peterklingelhofer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:22 am

himalaya22 wrote:
DANGER wrote:

Nevertheless, it would still be useful to see some indication of what knob/slider is modulated. It would be good to have it as an option, so that I could click the "show modulation" button and I'd see a blue (for example) colour around the modulated knob/slider. Light blue for one transmod modulating the given parameter and a darker blue to signfy that more than one transmods are being used on that particular parameter. Just an example.

Personally, I'm used to quickly sweeping across teh transmods to see what is assigned where. It's quick enough for me.

Interestingly, Tremor has that.

Good idea! And neat... thinking back now I believe I "borrowed" the idea from Steve Duda's (Xfer Records') Nerve and LFO Tool.

trusampler

Postby trusampler » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 am

Instead of having to setup program changes, it be nice to just be able to use my keyboard both my qwerty and my midi controller to step thru programs.. I don't get it, your emulating real synths, but you forget to emulate the way it works when selecting patches on a synth? fast??

This was my biggest beef with DCAM 1 and still is, I'm not sure why dev's can't lock down midi as it is, it's an acceptable format and has been for over 30 years, please take a look at Korg vsti synths and come back and say it's not possible for the doubters.. Those just work the way a real synth works..

Ok I'm done, hope ya got the picture!! :roll:

MrPaully

Postby MrPaully » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:38 am

I'd like to see a really grimy wavetable oscillator with lots of aliasing.

umfufu

Postby umfufu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:51 am

And I'd like to see a clean sine wave in Cypher.
;)

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 pm

umfufu wrote:And I'd like to see a clean sine wave in Cypher.
;)

Turn down the filter drive (and turn up the Level control accordingly in the VCA) for cleaner tones.

Cypher doesn't have a sine wave but you can use a bit of filtering in the waveshaper section to make the triangle sine-like.
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”