How do I use the presets I've bought? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

How do I use the presets I've bought?

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Tobypearce

How do I use the presets I've bought?

Postby Tobypearce » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi,

Apologies for the really dumb question, but I've bought a preset pack form standalone music, which is basically 128 single patches. Their instructions were to place them in the Documents/FXpansion/Strobe folder, which I have done.

But they are not showing up in strobe itself.

Does strobe scan this location for user patches? Is there a way to change the preset location?

I'm just not sure why I'm not seeing these patches, and would really appreciate some guidance.

Best wishes,

Toby.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Any strobe presets (which have .strobe extensions) should be located in Documents/FXpansion/Strobe/Presets

Yes, strobe will scan this on startup, but you can also use the refresh button in the Browser to rescan.

Alvarez

Postby Alvarez » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Rory_FX wrote:Any strobe presets (which have .strobe extensions) should be located in Documents/FXpansion/Strobe/Presets

Yes, strobe will scan this on startup, but you can also use the refresh button in the Browser to rescan.

Hi,

I have just bought the 7 skies presets for strobe which sound amazing but I can't seem to get them into the strobe presests. I can only load them one by one from the load preset box?

The files all have the .strobe extension.

I have a put the presets into the Documents/FXpansion/Strobe/Presets folder. (I didn't have a Presets folder, so I created one). See screenshot attached.

Is there anyway to load in the 146 presets in one go?

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Alan.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-10-15 at 14.23.40.png
screenshot of preset location
Screen Shot 2012-10-15 at 14.23.40.png (293.19 KiB) Viewed 2704 times

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:29 pm

You need to put the Standalone-music folder in the factory presets folder, not the user preset folder as you're attempting to do.

<System disk>/Library/Application Support/FXpansion/Strobe/Presets
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

Alvarez

Postby Alvarez » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 pm

mayur_FX wrote:You need to put the Standalone-music folder in the factory presets folder, not the user preset folder as you're attempting to do.

<System disk>/Library/Application Support/FXpansion/Strobe/Presets

Thanks very much, they work fine now.

I'd done a spotlight search for any .strobe files and the ones from the folder above didn't appear (Maybe spotlight search doesn't cover Application Support folders?)

I think the instructions in the readme of the standalone music patches were wrong:

'Installation :
MAC - Unzip and Simply put the "Standalone-Music" folder in
Documents/FXpansion/Strobe/Presets'

Thanks again for your help,

Alan.

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Glad you got it working! Thanks for the heads up, we've sent Mr.Skies a message about the install info. You may be correct re: spotlight - it is a far from optimal search tool. I tend to use the free Easyfind app when I actually need to find something.
Mayur Maha

FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]

Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”