Fusor LFOs bug??? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Fusor LFOs bug???

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

un.ku

Fusor LFOs bug???

Postby un.ku » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi There,

Been demo'ing the Synth Squad because of the sale, and one thing I immediately noticed in Fusor is that the Mod LFOs in appear to be behaving weird. The LFOs in the individual synths work fine, but the Fusor mod LFOs, most obvious with a basic sine wave appear to glitch every other cycle. Effectively, using these LFOs causes any modulated parameter to go from smooth sine to chaos. I've checked to make sure that the LFO itself is not being modulated in some way. This is encountered right from the INIT patch. In some cases, attaching one of these LFOs to a parameter has even crashed my DAW. I am using the latest official FL Studio version 11.1.1.

I can attach a screenshot or maybe take a quick Jing vid, if necessary. Now that I think about it, I should have tested in standalone to see if this is the case just in FL. I will do so tonight when I am at home. I imagine something this obvious would have gotten reported eons ago, if this was a consistent issue across all DAWs.

I hope I can sort out this issue. Even though I'm probably going to take advantage of the sale anyway because the synths themselves sound awesome, I'd like to be able to use Fusor to its full potential.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

un.ku

Postby un.ku » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have tried a full uninstall and reinstall too.

un.ku

Postby un.ku » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:02 am

I tested standalone. And this is definitely isolated to Fusor within FL Studio. But I think I figured it out in case anyone else encounters it. In FL's wrapper settings>Processing, if one turns off "Ensure Processor State in Plugin Callback" the LFO sine is now smooth as silk.

In case you are curious, here is a screen shot of the glitch.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi,

I'll ask our QA team to run a test with the most recent official version - but it does sound like you've found a good workaround.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Tom_FX

Postby Tom_FX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to reproduce your issue with both the demo and latest, full update of Synth Squad but no luck so far. I think this may be an issue in Fruity Loops only. Have you had a chance to try with any other hosts at all?

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”