Forum

FXpansion Forum

Already have BFDECO samples data on ext drive from previous install: how to install?

Support for BFD Eco Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

jellotree

Already have BFDECO samples data on ext drive from previous install: how to install?

Postby jellotree » Fri May 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Already have BFDECO samples/data on external drive from a previous install.

How do I install the program on a new computer, without having to re-download the sample set again?

The BFD Eco Installer prompts me to point to a place where I want the samples to go...will this overwrite what I already have? I'd rather not have to re-download again.

Thanks for your help!

purtington

Re: Already have BFDECO samples data on ext drive from previous install: how to install?

Postby purtington » Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 pm

jellotree wrote:Already have BFDECO samples/data on external drive from a previous install.

How do I install the program on a new computer, without having to re-download the sample set again?

The BFD Eco Installer prompts me to point to a place where I want the samples to go...will this overwrite what I already have? I'd rather not have to re-download again.

Thanks for your help!

Which version do you have, are you installing from the disk? I think if you have the latest version (1.7.0.5) and you have downloaded it from your account it doesn't come with the audio/data so should just install without prompting for location.
Then once installed you just open it up click on the button with the tick in the box and click, "set data paths" there you can point BFD Eco to where your samples are stored, I think then the licence manager will ask you to register.
It's been a long time since I've done it though.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

jellotree

Re: Already have BFDECO samples data on ext drive from previous install: how to install?

Postby jellotree » Sat May 13, 2017 12:24 am

purtington wrote:
jellotree wrote:Already have BFDECO samples/data on external drive from a previous install.

Thanks for your help!

Which version do you have, are you installing from the disk? I think if you have the latest version (1.7.0.5) and you have downloaded it from your account it doesn't come with the audio/data so should just install without prompting for location.
Then once installed you just open it up click on the button with the tick in the box and click, "set data paths" there you can point BFD Eco to where your samples are stored, I think then the licence manager will ask you to register.
It's been a long time since I've done it though.

Steve

It's the original version. No disk.
The Installer prompts Please choose the size of install you would like

And then only gives me the FULL option at 46 Gb befor hitting INSTALL

(which seems way too high for BFDECO - since my External drive shows just over 5GB for the already installed ECO samples

purtington

Postby purtington » Sat May 13, 2017 9:11 am

It's the original version. No disk.

The original version was a disk, everything was disk.
Do you mean you don't have the disk?

Are you able to login to your account and download the latest version?

The Installer prompts Please choose the size of install you would like
And then only gives me the FULL option at 46GB before hitting INSTALL

The 46GB sounds like a bug in the installer but you can ignore that.

So, you still haven't told me what version you have

5GB doesn't take long to install and it won't overwrite what you already have if you create another folder and point the installer to that

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

jellotree

Postby jellotree » Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Thanks for everyone's help. I decided to just Press Install and cross my fingers that it wouldn't start downloading the entire sample set.
It didn't, but I spent the next half hour registering and finding the right place to set pathways,

I'm good to go.

And I never had a disc ever - it was a download installation from a few years back.

It sounds pretty good and I will be keeping an eye out for a great crossgrade deal.

Cheers guys :)

Return to “BFD Eco”