Purchased this, assuming it will come up in ECO... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Purchased this, assuming it will come up in ECO...

Support for BFD Eco Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

macousticboy

Purchased this, assuming it will come up in ECO...

Postby macousticboy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:40 am

purtington wrote:If you're running the latest version of BFD Eco then pretty much all the BFD3 expansion packs will run in BFD Eco

So far this is what I've seen, whilst still in the looooong process of installing:

My version of ECO is 1.7.0.5 - Hope this will work?

macousticboy

Re: Purchased this, assuming it will come up in ECO...

Postby macousticboy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:54 am

So installation is done & I'm not seeing where Horsepower comes up in ECO. Was there something else I was supposed to do, or should I have not gotten that pack to begin with :/

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 am

macousticboy wrote:So installation is done & I'm not seeing where Horsepower comes up in ECO. Was there something else I was supposed to do, or should I have not gotten that pack to begin with :/

I would try, "rebuild databases" to rescan all you content if you haven't done that already.
Click the little 'tick' button at the top and select it from the droop down list.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:02 pm

purtington wrote:I would try, "rebuild databases" to rescan all you content if you haven't done that already. Click the little 'tick' button at the top and select it from the droop down list.

Steve

Okay, well I left a reply a day ago & for some reason it ain't here. In any case, the new expansion pack is not showing up in ECO. Rebuilding the databases did absolutely nothing. I don't exactly know what steps to take at this point?
Last edited by macousticboy on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:57 am

So can I get some help, here? I spent $70 on one of your packs, after all :x

I tried to get it to show in the demo for BFD3, also - no luck. So I suppose I'm the one that's missing something? But I need to hear from you guys on this~!!!

purtington

Postby purtington » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:28 am

macousticboy wrote:So can I get some help, here? I spent $70 on one of your packs, after all :x

I tried to get it to show in the demo for BFD3, also - no luck. So I suppose I'm the one that's missing something? But I need to hear from you guys on this~!!!

First thing, the BFD3 demo version can't load other kits so the fact that you can't load Horsepower in BFD3 isn't something to worry about.

Where did you install Horsepower? Open up BFD Eco and go to, 'Set data Paths' and see if you can see Horsepower listed.
If it's not there you'll need to click on the plus sign and navigate to where you installed Horsepower and then BFD Eco will scan the contents.

If the kits and presets are not showing up it maybe they didn't install with the audio content for some reason and you'll have to do it manually. I'll explain how to do that if the above doesn't work for you.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:00 am

Well something happened, anyway :) I got it directed to a folder titled "Horsepower,"and when I re-scanned everything, a license manager popped up and Horsepower was authorized~!

Only thing is, I'm not sure what it is I'm supposed to be seeing listed? It looks like I have new Artist options on the menu RW - DW that I don't recognize. And then there's some kit pieces under Snare, Hat, Crash - basically the cymbals. Nothing new under Kick or Toms, unless I'm missing something?

Thanks for the help thus far - finally made progress~!

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:14 am

Also new Kits and Mixers~! These don't seem to correspond the the Americana vibe I saw advertised, so I'm wondering if there's still something I should expect to see?

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:54 am

Now I see new Toms. For some reason though, the new Hats are audible but I'm getting basically no sound out of the Crashes or Rides.

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 am

Sooooo... :mrgreen: Am I missing something? is there any other stuff I should expect to find, or was that it? I thought at least I'd see more kits~! 8)

purtington

Postby purtington » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 am

macousticboy wrote:Sooooo... :mrgreen: Am I missing something? is there any other stuff I should expect to find, or was that it? I thought at least I'd see more kits~! 8)

How many kits do you have listed on the kits tab?
The Horsepower page (which I assume you read before purchase) says there are 6 kits, do you not see all of them?

I don't think there are 6 individual kits however, the FAQ says there is only one kick, one snare, 3 rack toms and 4 cymbals.

You can check that you have all those kit pieces by going to the, 'drums' tab, and then select, 'library' at the top and you should see 'Horsepower' listed, click on that and you should see all the kit pieces listed.

Here is the FAQ with the list of kit pieces. https://www.fxpansion.com/support/faq/horsepower/

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:16 am

purtington wrote:
macousticboy wrote:Sooooo... :mrgreen: Am I missing something? is there any other stuff I should expect to find, or was that it? I thought at least I'd see more kits~! 8)

How many kits do you have listed on the kits tab?
The Horsepower page (which I assume you read before purchase) says there are 6 kits, do you not see all of them?

I don't think there are 6 individual kits however, the FAQ says there is only one kick, one snare, 3 rack toms and 4 cymbals.

You can check that you have all those kit pieces by going to the, 'drums' tab, and then select, 'library' at the top and you should see 'Horsepower' listed, click on that and you should see all the kit pieces listed.

Here is the FAQ with the list of kit pieces. https://www.fxpansion.com/support/faq/horsepower/

Steve

Well, in looking through the kit pieces now, I do see new ones showing up where I didn't notice any before. I guess my real issue is not getting any sound out of some of them, or some being really quiet~!

Some of the Snares particularly the "Stick" ones are really quiet. The Brushes have mnore presence. I can boost that by re-wiring ECO thru individual tracks in REAPER. The new Crash cymbals have no sound coming out of them at all~!

Thanks for the help. But If I can get past this hump I should be fine.

macousticboy

Postby macousticboy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:31 pm

So... Would you have any idea what it might be that's causing some of the kit pieces to be audible :shock:

purtington

Postby purtington » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:57 pm

macousticboy wrote:So... Would you have any idea what it might be that's causing some of the kit pieces to be audible :shock:

Sorry, I can't think what that might be, are you seeing yellow triangle or is there just no sound?

I would contact ROLI support but also you could try re-downloading but also, make a list of the kit pieces that aren't playing, locate the data folder and those kit pieces location and if they are in .WAV format you can try to open the .WAV file in media payer.
If they are in BFDLAC format you won't be able to do that.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Return to “BFD Eco”