Installing BFD ECO on High Sierra and Mojave - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Installing BFD ECO on High Sierra and Mojave

Support for BFD Eco Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Nikolaus_Rapp

Installing BFD ECO on High Sierra and Mojave

Postby Nikolaus_Rapp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:13 am

Ok - after buying a little to much stuff i do not really use I decided to start my life with BFD buying the ECO version.

Installing the 1.7 on High Sierra and Mojave worked fine. I see and can insert BFD ECO on my Pro Tools systems. Unhappy me - there is no Data. After doing a little research - to be honest: after reading what is written on the download page ;) - I understood that i have to install Data from 1.5.

Unhappy me - the 1.5 installer doesn`t work anymore on High Sierra and Mojave.

I tried to copy what I found in resources of the installer files and folders to my drive. Although BFD seems to accept the paths there still is no data present for the Drums … All icons show a warning sign - they seem to play but there is no audio. All i read when updating the database is that I have unautorized files on my drive. I havent - all I have on the drive is what i bought and the Software is authorized.

Can anyone tell me, where i can find the open, NOT installer-based Data of BFD ECO and a step by step explanation, where exactly to put the files.

Thank You very much.
Niko

purtington

Re: Installing BFD ECO on High Sierra and Mojave

Postby purtington » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Do you have a laptop or another computer you can install just the data on?
Maybe a friend?

If you can then I would try that, then move it on to a flash drive and copying it to your computer and pointing BFD Eco to it.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Nikolaus_Rapp

Re: Installing BFD ECO on High Sierra and Mojave

Postby Nikolaus_Rapp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:17 am

Thank you for answering!

I already thought about recovering a Snow Leo to an old iMac - BUT, to be very honest - I am not the only one having those issues and FXpansion really could move a... and post a download of open files. There is absolutely no reason I see why FXpansion can not do that, in case installing to an old computer and moving the files is a solution.

Cheers
Niko

Return to “BFD Eco”