What Do You Use To Control BDF eco ? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

What Do You Use To Control BDF eco ?

Support for BFD Eco Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

DamianB

What Do You Use To Control BDF eco ?

Postby DamianB » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 am

This is my first softare usage...I have Reaper, Sonar ProducerX-1, and more...I'm currently using eco as a stand alone...
And, I need advice on what to use as a controller..Thank you.......

purtington

Postby purtington » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:32 pm

I have Eco & BFD 2 so naturaly use the latter but since I only have Sonar as my daw I do all my drum programing in Sonar and send it out to BFD 2. I don't use loops or grooves so I do it the long way round but it's worth it to me.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

DamianB

Postby DamianB » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:15 am

Thank you Steve...I'm wondering, what do you (and others) use to 'trigger' the drums.....

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I don't have any V'drums if that's what you mean.
As I said it's triggered through a midi track in sonar where I do all my drum programing.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

DamianB

Postby DamianB » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 am

Thank you Steve......Greatly.......I'm a newbie at digital recording, although my music is NOT newbie !!!! I learned a
new term; PIANO ROLLING.....My question was what " piece of hardware " ie, controller, that folks are using to trigger
drum sounds, individually....Steve, I also have Sonar (X-1 Producer), but I won't use it until I have a dedicated computer..
I have REAPER, but haven't used it yet...So, ECO has 'grooves', but they can't be layered upon as a stand alone product..
Thus, folks run ECO as a VST (?) or as a PLUGIN within REAPER, PRO TOOL, SONAR, etc etc, and from there, one, via
as an example, uses the 'piano roll' system to 'MIDI MAP' a drum pattern, which can contain an ECO GROOVE, and then
one can 'layer' individual drum sounds 'onto' it....(?)...And, within a HOST, one can use ECO to create whole song drum
patterns from scratch using ECO/BFD2......(?)...And, I appreciate your (and all) answers.....

I'm tired of just making 'demos.' I'm having knowledgeable engineers use tracks I record to make PRO recordings for and
with me, but, I'm on a small disability income, so, I want to do as much pre-work myself....Hence, to learn !!!!!!!!

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:45 am

Check under the Keymap menu in BFD Eco.. you should see a list of common controllers used for triggering in the drop down menu.

Rail

DamianB

Postby DamianB » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:16 am

Most excellent Rail, thank you greatly.......Damian.....

b4serenity

Postby b4serenity » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I use a Line 6 KB37...that's a USB interface w/ guitar/bass/voice presets and a keyboard for midi keys or drums. It also has some cc controllers on top as well.

setvice

Postby setvice » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:56 am

I use an alesis control pad with foot pedal for kick. I picked one up second hand for $100. I'm no drummer but it feels pretty good to me. Much more fun than drawing hits in!

DamianB

Postby DamianB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:53 am

I didn't find a list of "compatable" controllers, but I did find the "keyboard" page....Interesting info for a newbie...

Serenity, I read up on the Line6KB37....Interesting unit....
Setvice, thanks, I looked up ALESIS products....also interesting....

I took a look at the Akai MPK88 usb/midi controller...Looks very nice, good for demo and pro work.......

I'm beginning to get an "idea" of how this all works; Software out (kit chosen/and or kit pieces) into a contoller,
from there back into the computer DAW, ie, Sonar, Pro Tools, Reaper, GarageBand, etc, into "piano roll"
maps, or other map type thingee things, and then, ect etc, walla !!!!! ( Am I close ??)

And, thanks all !!!!! Damian...

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:55 am

DamianB wrote:I didn't find a list of "compatable" controllers

Video: http://screencast.com/t/XvT827NA

Rail

Return to “BFD Eco”