Pre-sales Q about sample file type - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Pre-sales Q about sample file type

Support for BFD Eco Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

JBdrummer

Pre-sales Q about sample file type

Postby JBdrummer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi,
I'm very interested in purchasing BFD ECO but I have a few questions.

I'm going to be using this as an RTAS instrument in ProTools Express M-Aiudio edition running on a toshiba core i7 laptop W/ 8 gb of ram. And triggering it with an old Roland TD-10 e-drum kit. Would this setup provide a smoothe operation?

My next question is:
If I have a library of old AKAI MPC samples that are .wav files, Is it just a matter of putting these samples in the right folders in order to use them with BFD ECO? Or does BFD use a different audio sample format?

Thank you

purtington

Re: Pre-sales Q about sample file type

Postby purtington » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:17 am

JBdrummer wrote:Hi,
I'm very interested in purchasing BFD ECO but I have a few questions.

I'm going to be using this as an RTAS instrument in ProTools Express M-Aiudio edition running on a toshiba core i7 laptop W/ 8 gb of ram. And triggering it with an old Roland TD-10 e-drum kit. Would this setup provide a smoothe operation?

My next question is:
If I have a library of old AKAI MPC samples that are .wav files, Is it just a matter of putting these samples in the right folders in order to use them with BFD ECO? Or does BFD use a different audio sample format?

Thank you

In answer to your question about using your own samples this can only be done in BFD2 and BFD3, NOT BFD Eco.

BFD2 is no longer available from fxpansion and although you might be able to find it on line, there are very few left and I doubt you'd get it at the upgrade price. You can upgrade from BFD Eco to BFD3 of course.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Rory_FX

Re: Pre-sales Q about sample file type

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Steve is right, Eco won't import WAV ffiles, but BFD3 will.

If you're just wanting to trigger single WAV files from your e-kit, you might also want to check out Geist. It's more along the MPC side of sampling / drum machines.

Return to “BFD Eco”