Will there be further geist development in the future? - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Will there be further geist development in the future?

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

misterlazy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Postby misterlazy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Audio pattern drag and drop would be awesome !

pthfx
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Postby pthfx » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:56 pm

IMO the UI should be made resizable or somehow allow user to have WIDER UI so that the Browser can show file/folder names properly.

renderful
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 am

Postby renderful » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:25 am

This plug is a big part of my workflow. I hope that it continues!

mw247
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Postby mw247 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:07 pm

ARNK wrote:Needs to be more on par with Recycle when it comes to auto slice and looping. It doesn't break and loop audio files nearly as well as Recycle does it. Major workflow issue there.


In some ways I think it's even better than Recycle because you can continually adjust the slice points non-destructively.

Kickflip
Posts: 798
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Postby Kickflip » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:49 pm

mw247 wrote:
ARNK wrote:Needs to be more on par with Recycle when it comes to auto slice and looping. It doesn't break and loop audio files nearly as well as Recycle does it. Major workflow issue there.


In some ways I think it's even better than Recycle because you can continually adjust the slice points non-destructively.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Geist's slicing would definitely be improved if you could crop a loop within the slicing editor, and also if you could go back to the slice editor after you've sent them to the pads!

Could really fancy Recycle's slice extender trick as well, where it reverses a sample and sticks it to the end of the original, and adds a fade. It's an old trick from the jungle days, but is well handy to have built in to your drum software!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

T2323
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Postby T2323 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 am

BonjoII wrote:
ARNK wrote:
schmidi wrote:Don't abandon this one FX, you have a winner!


+1 8)


+1 :) :)


+1 :) :) :)

mw247
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Postby mw247 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Kickflip wrote:
mw247 wrote:
ARNK wrote:Needs to be more on par with Recycle when it comes to auto slice and looping. It doesn't break and loop audio files nearly as well as Recycle does it. Major workflow issue there.


In some ways I think it's even better than Recycle because you can continually adjust the slice points non-destructively.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Geist's slicing would definitely be improved if you could crop a loop within the slicing editor, and also if you could go back to the slice editor after you've sent them to the pads!

Could really fancy Recycle's slice extender trick as well, where it reverses a sample and sticks it to the end of the original, and adds a fade. It's an old trick from the jungle days, but is well handy to have built in to your drum software!


You can edit the slices once they're on the pads in the Pads/Layers tab.

Kickflip
Posts: 798
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Postby Kickflip » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 pm

mw247 wrote:
Kickflip wrote:
mw247 wrote:
ARNK wrote:Needs to be more on par with Recycle when it comes to auto slice and looping. It doesn't break and loop audio files nearly as well as Recycle does it. Major workflow issue there.


In some ways I think it's even better than Recycle because you can continually adjust the slice points non-destructively.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Geist's slicing would definitely be improved if you could crop a loop within the slicing editor, and also if you could go back to the slice editor after you've sent them to the pads!

Could really fancy Recycle's slice extender trick as well, where it reverses a sample and sticks it to the end of the original, and adds a fade. It's an old trick from the jungle days, but is well handy to have built in to your drum software!


You can edit the slices once they're on the pads in the Pads/Layers tab.

Yes, but that requires editing two pads - the end point on one and the beginning point of the other. It also wouldn't update the shift parameter, leaving you with another thing that needs tweaking!

Also, you can't move the slice points if you do an equal divide... that's a big one for me!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32



Music

http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip



Circuit Bent Madness

http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

M-Goldie
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 am

Postby M-Goldie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:53 am

I've been well and truly burned with MOTU BPM, that software is d e a d...
I'm starting to get the same feeling with Geist... I love it but I'm not seeing the willingness to improve it.

I might just jack it in and go with Maschine, at least they seem interested!?
Are you still interested FXPansion?!! :)

LimboLoves
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby LimboLoves » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:40 pm

All I am going to say is even if they stop development, Geist is still relevant for years still. I just bought it when it was on sale and it's already better than Drumaxx.

If there is a 2.0 program, or even a gangaskhan (or w/e they'll call it), we'll still get a decent discount upgrading to it.

M-Goldie
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 am

Postby M-Goldie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Great software, but the number one thing they need to sort in my opinion is being able to view the plug-in in a bigger window, so that the file browsing is improved - at the moment the file browsing is crazy. Small bugs always need ironed out, and audio drag and drop would be great (this is becoming a standard on other plugs).

Small updates is ok, but doing no updates is unacceptable.

paradiddle16
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Postby paradiddle16 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Definitely a resizable ui!

User avatar
Rory_FX
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: FXP:MCR

Postby Rory_FX » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:14 am

We are NOT stopping development of Geist :)

mw247
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Postby mw247 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Rory_FX wrote:We are NOT stopping development of Geist :)


Good to hear because GEIST IS F***ING AWESOME!

jalcide
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 am

Postby jalcide » Sat May 24, 2014 4:35 am

A resizable UI would certainly be awesome and I'd use it, but I kinda like the tight, constrained, cozy UI.

The file browsing area could certainly enjoy a few more pixels, however. No matter where you stand.

Great news on the continuation of it.

I also agree with the sentiment that, any bugs aside, it would still be useful, as is, for years to come.

It seems to do just enough in all the right spots to be the tool I keep reaching for, even as I'm in a full DAW. It feels like I'm reaching for a piece of hardware. Again, back to the cozy, fixed UI being almost feature-like (for me).

And the FX are still top-notch. I don't feel they've aged a bit.

+1 on audio drag and drop.

A truly dark (DARK) theme / skin would be nice, too.


Return to “Geist”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests